Questions re NZ

gobbledonk

I know its a long way from Thailand, but if we are going to spend 2 weeks there in December, it would be great to see something other than Auckland/Christchurch (both of which I have already visited).

Personally, I like rainforest, but I think we can still fly over a glacier on the South Island (yes ?), and I expect that there is something in the incredible number of nooks and crannies along the NZ coast that is a 'must see'.

NZ Regions

I suspect that Christchurch is like Hobart - 28 deg C one day in Summer, 15 the next : does it ever get *really* cold down there in December ?

Thanks,

Gobble

Alternatively, I could just tour Xena's ring and be done with it ;)

Gabrielle was always the cute one - Xena was a bit too butch for mine. Not sure that I want to run into any Orcs, either. Work with a couple here and they are grumpy in the mornings.

I love Christchurch - almost took a very good job there 20years ago but I knew it would have been same as retiring.

Queenstown is great.

Rent a car and drive from Christchurch to Milford Sound.

If your taking a Thai they will be pretty amazed.

If you are happy to drive, the South Island has lots of interesting places to visit. The west coast is quite rugged and the south and central areas, especially around Otago - the region around Dunedin, is stunningly beautiful. I really think the best way to see it is by car and just explore!

Christchurch can get very cold and yeah, the temperature and the weather there are very changeable from one day to the next!

Archived