1am closing

hamsandwich

Was down Nana amd the police came and closed everything at 1am. The shitty roadside bars along Sukhumvit served but didnt display alcohol. Had a few beers. Lots of ladies out with no customers though. Not that I cared, cos I was tanked.

Dont know what happened. Anyone?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just the every now and then lets pretend we run things deal with the cops. They showed up at Cowboy about 2200 and told the owners they would be shutting down at 1am. No big deal. Did make drinking a bit more interesting.

I was told but did not see that some of the girls at AfterSchool had to be on their best game to get the customers "in and out" (or up and down!) in a hurry so they made the same money for the night.

From the 1970s on and probably earlier, 1am has been the witching hour. It was really only for a time in the late 1990s that bars and nightclubs started staying open until 2am. It was Thaksin's friend, Khun Purachai, who decided to close everything earlier again.

Funny, I have been with 2 girls yesterday when they got calls from friends that the BIB closed Spice and Spicy. Thus not only Nana being affected.

Asking them why, they told that earlier this month there has been a fight somewhere on Ekamai with the son of Chuwit, the soapie tycoon turned politician, being involved who allegedly is not yet 20 years of age. I havenâ??t read about this in the local news and normally wouldnâ??t believe this to be the reason for a major crackdown. On the other hand I remember there have been rumors that the whole social order campaign in 2001 has been triggered to control the spoiled brats of influential politicians in the Thaksin government. TIT?

Never underestimate paternal vengeance. Remember that story a while back about the CEO of Korea's largest bank? His son got beat up in some club by young hoodlums so his dad rounded them all up, took them to a remote mountainside and personally beat the crap out of each of them.

It has long been an axiom in western societies that when economies decline, hemlines go down and social conservatism prevails; same-same here, politicians use whatever issues they can to appear effective whilst everything is tumbling around them.

Same as the politician in Phuket announcing that farangs couldn't give a spouse funds to buy property: just playing to an audience (legitimately) pissed off about property encroachment by crooked developers who sell primarily to rich farangs.

Archived