1am closing

hamsandwich

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is odd.

As others already mentioned, it crosses police precincts. But it is also odd for other reasons.

The trend lately has been in the opposite direction - specifically, later closing times, more relaxed showing policies and, well generally, more relaxed.

No one has announced a new social policy or any sort of crackdown (at least I haven't seen any).

I also wouldn't expect this government to pull this sort of stunt in this sort of economy. The leading Dems, at least, are smart enough to recognize these sort of crackdowns are all show and counterproductive.

I wonder what is really going on? The Chuwit's son's theory is interesting, but I haven't heard anyone else mention it (not disagreeing, but just wondering aloud).

Don't know why people have problems with touts in Patpong. I just say "Mai ow, krup" and keep on walking. Patpong is almost always fun... once in the bars. Plenty of pretty ladies and open late. Lots of bars to choose from and interesting bars and places to eat nearby and in the Pong. Always good for a change. I used to actually go there all the time, usually AFTER an afternoon of soapy massage fun to take the edge off so you can relax over a brew or two while making your choice for your LT companion of the evening. Some gems there, but I do not like the ratio of katoeys there in 'some' bars. Always had fun there though. Just watch for the pickpockets if walking through the friggin' tourist market. I stick to the sidewalks at the edges and make my way through quickly to whatever bar I am thinking of going to.

Maybe a Patpong night some Friday evening after a Bradman's meeting would be fun and interesting with a group of gents on the piss and prowl?

1 am again tonite, what the fux is goin on?

Never have this problem in Pattaya, or at least, not as much as they have in Bangkok it seems. Biggest problem in Pattaya is getting home before 5 a.m. Many ST hotels around so you can take a ST girl you like from a bar and then go out and keep partying and looking for a possible LT for the next morning/nooner.

1 a.m. closing is bullshit in a city like BKK with so many tourists. These idiots just keep trying to kill the tourist industry here.

Archived