VAT refund on Medical Services?

drlove

I spent over $4,000 on medical this trip and am getting ready to leave. I assume there is VAT on it, even if it is not broken out and itemized. I see some on a dental bill so I assume a hospital bill is the same.

How much of it can I get back? Is it calculated at 7 percent? Can I only do this at the airport? Other places?

Thanks,

Dr. Love

I spent 10K on squirting whores on my last visit. When I got to the airport, they told me VAT refund is only available for goods, not services, sold by a participating vendor and taken out of the country within a certain period (60 days?). My squirting whores were not participating vendors, which I had suspected when I I saw their VAT REFUND FOR TOURISTS sign and it looked fake.

dear dr,

when claiming vat refund at airport one has to show the acquired goods for inspection at the customs shop. now i'm sure you can swing your enlarged tool onto the desk of the unsuspecting officer but you'll probably need plenty of photographic and video evidence of your pre-op tool to convince said officer. this technique may not work well when trying to reclaim, say, a triple by-pass.

how's your enlarged shlong working by the way?

and are we looking 12 years younger following the tummy-tuck and botox injections?

good luck!

And what all the snarky guys are trying to say is that this only applies to tangible goods, not services.

Google is your friend: http://www.thaiwaysmagazine.com/tips/vat_refund.html

Cheers,

SD

Wow! A response that is on point. Thank you.

Well who can blame the others for being so overly happy. The Titanic is slipping under the sea and they are bravely fiddling away to the end, trying to entertain and encourage the rest of us. (That's the nice way of responding.)

Archived