I got the poison. I got the remedy. June 11th.

dave32

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before you go to Pattaya, be sure to read the Pattaya Nightlife Newbie guide by robaus. You will find it here. Even though it was written a couple of years ago there is lots of good information. Also take a look at Pattaya Addicts forum.

My current recommendations for good gogos: Baby Dolls (soi 15), Windmill and Diamond (soi Diamond).

Have a great time!

Coss >Don't fall in love with the first one, other than that, you're on the right track.<

Make that "don't fall in love with the first three BGs"

i fel in love with my 3rd BG, cost me dearly, but it was an interesting 2 yr ride. Now at nr 153 or so, still fighting not to fall in love.

It is actually the being on the edge of falling in love that provides a buzz.

Add Tulip to your list. Believe me. Tell me afterwards how it was.

I think you have too many "must do" places,

You will never get them all done , adventure will get in the way :)

I like to hang out in open air places , not much into enclosed aircondition gogos ,

Once you check in at Nana , walk out into the night and see the sites and smells ,

bring a 2-3000 baht in 100s and 500s in various pockets,

its 80 degrees at night, so dress light, you will sweat like a big even at midnight,

Check out the Nana parking lot , walk to the other side of Sukumvit (odd number sois) , if you turn left on Soi 5 and go down a few hundered feet there is Foodland so you can grab some food and other supplies,

There are small sidewalk bars on that side with lots of ladies .

If you have not slept well stay close to your hotel until the secomd night ,

Nothing really to worry about if you do not get too drunk and watch out for the ladyboys

no need to go Dollhouse of sc, running down.

Midnite must go, full house every nights recently

visit Caresoul (spelling??) only nudy shows bar in Nana (Angelwitch shows are half nude only).

Daytime, spend a day trip or 2D/1N to Ayutthaya (stopping over Bang Pa-In Summer palace), also a day trip to River Kwai if you want, worth than wandering and shopping in metro area of Bangkok.

Suan Lum Night Bazaar is a must hit, large beer garden but less hot (coz night bazaar) but stalls than Chatuchak weekend market.

Try traditional Thai massage, 200baht/hour, an alternative to oil massage, help refreshing your body after night action.

keep your hands in your pockets if walking along Sukhumvit

And if you keep your hands in your pocket, watch your step. Otherwise you might not be able to break your fall when you trip over the odd beggar, soi dog, drunken farang, remote controlled toy or missing sidewalk stone. :grinyes:

Seriously, hit some of the places you noted on your list and take it from there. You'll get a feel for what you like pretty quickly.

keep your hands in your pockets if walking along Sukhumvit

And if you keep your hands in your pocket' date=' watch your step. Otherwise you might not be able to break your fall when you trip over the odd beggar, soi dog, drunken farang, remote controlled toy or missing sidewalk stone. :grinyes:

Seriously, hit some of the places you noted on your list and take it from there. You'll get a feel for what you like pretty quickly.

[/quote']

Especially if you like to get drunk, read the thread Advice for going solo on Sukhumvit?

The Londoner can be really quiet during the daytime. Many times I've popped in for a meal or drink at the bar and not struck up a conversation with anyone. Sometimes, that's a good thing!

I'd throw in a recommendation for the Washington Square bars across Sukhumvit as day drinking venues, or even the QPP bars on Soi 22. Or the bars on Soi 7/1, or Patpong 2...shit, there are bars everywhere! This guy will have a hard time just escaping Soi 4. :)

alright. thanks for input all. i've been running around like a crazed loon trying to knock out work shit over here so i can relax over there. BAAAAHHHH!

updated my potential points of exploration to include: londoner. Baby Dolls (soi 15), Windmill and Diamond. tulip. carousel. possibly midnite.

washington square, qpp bars on soi 22 and what-not.

my previous list wasn't any sort of formal structure at all --> just a kind of direction for me to get started. i like visual stimulation so go-go bars sounded like a good place to jump-off. maybe not. we shall see.

will leave a trip report after i've been in town a few days and the shell shock diminishes. feeling high-strung and antsy as FUCKING HELL, i need to get outta here and on the plane.

and yeah, i won't get too drunk. *sigh*

ps. thanks again.

pps. uh, nevermind, forgot what i was going to say.

oh, the humanity

Archived