Weather in September

br28016

Normally visit in December/January and looking at the rainfall tables september and october are supposed to be wet.

Thinking of a trip to cover Thailand,Cambodia, Malaysia and singapore to cover about three weeks in September.

Intend to visit with a friend who hasn't been out this way before and intention is to see various bits of the countries above and may play it by ear on where I visit so a bit concerned it it's going to be raining all day every day. If its a case of a heavy downpour at the same time of day every day and clearing up quite quickly then not to bothered.

Grateful for peoples experience of the weather at that time of year in Thailand, Cambodia, Malaysis and Singapore.

Thanks in advance

In my experience it frequently rains heavily for a couple of hours in the early evening most days at that time of year. But some days are rain free and on others, the rain is constant, it's a matter of luck really.

That's..........just...........beautiful..............

Yep, september rainfall is usually a soggy affair. I've lived through 3. It doesn't rain everyday and sometimes you'll go a week in september with no rain, but it is cloudy quite often, so sunshine can be a lot less.

It'll rain at a variety of times, I've experienced 3 storms in 1 day in september. There's not a predictable element to the rainfall, except that you know that at some point it is highly likely to rain.

Duration wise the downpours vary from a few minutes to several hours and from intense windy events to constant drizzle. Everyday is different and even the experts get it all wrong here.

Regardless, I wouldn't worry about the weather, as you might have gathered, I love the weather in Thailand. It is similar to Cambodia's weather as well, in september. Malaysia and Singapore will be wet too, but who cares, it's hot and often the rain is a merciful break from the heat. Just buy yourself an umbrella...and enjoy.

Archived