Would you bring your kids to stay Nana Hotel?

Donut

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why not !

It's a good hotel. It's got a pool. Modest price. It's near the Skytrain. Got a 24 hour restaurant. And free breakfast.

What, you want to 'hide' your children from the real world? I've met some wonderful gentlemen and ladies at the Nana Hotel. Pillars of society. I wouldn't hesitate for my children to meet any of them.

Instead take the children to some isolated gated community/hotel down in Hua Hin? Come on now.

Would this hotel be my primary desitnation in Bankgkok? Of course not. Too much to see.

Do we have a bunch of moral hippocrates here?

I've seen some douchebag bring his kids, around 8-11 years old, into a go-go bar.

Bringing kids to nana is a liability... for everyone. Need to stay well-clear of them lest someone snap your candid and your face becomes the illustration for the next "Child Prostitution in Thailand" investigative report.

I have seen that too but quite some time ago. It appears that in the last 10 years they have started to enforce the age limits which is a good thing. As another poster pointed out it's a matter of age. A 4 to 5 year old child won't understand anything of what's going on. A 10 to 13 on the other hand will understand quite a lot.

As for your warning about having your photo taken, it should be taken seriously as this has happened.

regards

ALHOLK

I see'em quite a bit there. But I think they are dumb ass Americans though. I do also see a lot of farang with their thai GF/wives and half and half kids a good bit too.

That was precisely my point. I doubt that many people on this board understand enough Swedish to identify people as Swedish by just listening to them.

regards

ALHOLK

Why not !

It's a good hotel. It's got a pool. Modest price. It's near the Skytrain. Got a 24 hour restaurant. And free breakfast.

What, you want to 'hide' your children from the real world? I've met some wonderful gentlemen and ladies at the Nana Hotel. Pillars of society. I wouldn't hesitate for my children to meet any of them.

Instead take the children to some isolated gated community/hotel down in Hua Hin? Come on now.

Would this hotel be my primary desitnation in Bankgkok? Of course not. Too much to see.

First of all, I disagree that Nana is a 'good hotel.' It's not, at least not by most peoples' standards who are flying the family nearly half way across the globe for a holiday. After paying that much for the airfare, I'd like my kid to stay in a more resort style place where my little baby doesn't have to wipe cum off her goggles every time she surfaces from the pool for air. What father among us wants to hear, "Daddy, there's too much snot in this pool!" :(

I don't like to travel around with my family like some kind of Old Hippie. ;)

And I see nothing hypocritical about an informed person wanting to keep young kids away from the zoo that is Soi 4, even if daddy himself likes to partake in the nightlife. Bangkok just has too many other options available.

Would I stay at the Nana myself? Yes, in a pinch.

Would I bring my 12 year old daughter there? No effing way (and I can say so with zero cognitive dissonance*)!

When I first went to Phuket with my wife and 12 year old daughter, I was surprised at some of the fat old farangs with young gfs/wives even in the domestic terminal at Don Muang. One guy was downright abusive. Opened my eyes, but no big deal. We stayed in a fairly sheltered resort in Patong, but there was no escaping the game, as I was getting the treatment from bargirls even while walking down beach road holding hands with my family (I feigned disgust whilst taking mental notes).

So I agree, for most, the scene is unavoidable. Still, that doesn't mean I have to plop my 12 year old girl smack in the middle of Soi 4 or KSR. Nothing against those of you guys who like to stay there, but if there were kiddie sexual predators around, would it be more likely you find them in such places as opposed to a 4 star around Silom? So, if informed, why do it if not out of utter selfishness?

End rant.

*That was for you, Faustian - biggest words I could think of. :;

I can say so with zero cognitive dissonance*)!

Cognitive Dissonance.. a great track by Robert Fripp (one of the world's BESt guitarists if you need to know!)

Cognitive Dissonance

But no, if I had a family or kids there is NO WAY I would stay at The Nana. There's no way I would stay there (again) as a punter either.

Just too many other nicer options available (for both the single punter and the family).

Why not !

>What, you want to 'hide' your children from the real world?

I would say that this is not the real world...no, I would not bring children to the Nana Hotel, it is a bit of an overload for a child's reality, IMO.

Archived