Would you bring your kids to stay Nana Hotel?

Donut

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone ever booked into a hotel without knowing too much about it? Usually done by the travel agent or on their recommendation.

I guess I can see that happening with a family first time in BKK.But as for doing it intentionally.....no way.

Half of the adults should be kept away from Nana little well the kids.

Anyone ever booked into a hotel without knowing too much about it? Usually done by the travel agent or on their recommendation.

Yes. In fact, the first time I ever came to Bangkok, I booked near Nana and had no idea what I was in for. I had heard of Patpong only and thought that was where all the sex stuff was located. The travel agent said, 'It's near nightlife. Is that ok?' I had visions of lounges and nightclubs.

No Sir, I am NOT mad and would not even consider to bring my wife. However, I do understand you point of view as your reaction was mine when I heard about our friends bringing their kids to stay there. While I doubt that anything would happend to the kids, the scene is just totally wrong. If it is necessary I would again underline that I absolute never bring my kids within range of Nana.

/D

I would not put a family in any Sukhumvit hotel. Too much smut and lowlife scammers.

Much better on the river I say.

I knew a couple from the States, going on their honeymoon.

Some jackass travel agent sent them to Pattaya.

Not very impressed they were.

Guest lazyphil

as you said you wouldn't, wise. your friend is misguided!

i'm planning a trip with my 8 y/o (will be then) next year. khao sok tree house is on the agenda, and looking for a nice place in krabi/ao nang, but hear its turning into a concrete hell, true?.....possibly up to chain rai.....things to do up there for a 8 year old girl?......any HELPFUL suggestions welcome

Hi Phil, I have a girl the same age who has been to LOS every year since she was born. I think that not until now she really realizes the adventures to be found in traveling. My point is that the adventure in itself could be enough. My kids (7 & 11) are now big enough to go on an organized jungle trip, experience and appreciate beauty of nature etc. and of course a little beach time is mandatory. I wish you a nice trip next year. PS yeah my "friend" really is misguided - hence my post. My wife didn't believe me when I told her about it :-)

Guest lazyphil

agreed, my little girl has travelled alot but remembers odds and ends, los 4x (first trip 3 weeks old to an uncles funeral) austria 3x usa x1.....this will be the first overseas trip in 3 years and i hope will be exciting......actually i know it will be, its a given thing in los!!

thanks, many more happy trips to you!

I have stayed frequently at the Nana and have never seen any Swedish families there. I haven't seen many Swedes at all.

I see'em quite a bit there. But I think they are dumb ass Americans though. I do also see a lot of farang with their thai GF/wives and half and half kids a good bit too.

Archived