Morons at Robinson

khunsanuk

Hi,

Bought some stuff at Robinson's today and as it was more than 3K and I used a Bangkok Bank visa card we were entitled to a 100 Baht coupon. Ok, not one to turn down free money :) we walked over the counter to receive it.

Guy asked for my visa card, so I handed it over. He then wrote my name on a form, no problem. Next he wanted my phone number; I asked him why he needed it "the bank wants to know". Well, too bad for the bank because they don't need to know my phone number.

Anyway, he didn't make a big deal of my refusal and then went on to write my credit card number on the form!!! At that point I told him to give me my card back and forget about the 100 Baht discount.

Are people here really that trusting (moronic?) that they think it is okay to write down credit card numbers on a form that just lies around?

And it isn't just Robinson's either. The renewal form for Bupa has as one of the payment options that you can fax them your credit card info. Yeah, like anybody with have a brain would do this.

Sanuk!

If BB is sponsoring part of the B100 being given to customers then it probably just wants to be able to check that Robinsons are only giving the coupons to those who are eligible, i.e., those that have spent a certain amount of money on their BB CC. :dunno:

P.S. I gave my credit card number over the phone the other week to pay for my car insurance.

Hi,

"If BB is sponsoring part of the B100 being given to customers then it probably just wants to be able to check that Robinsons are only giving the coupons to those who are eligible, i.e., those that have spent a certain amount of money on their BB CC."

Sure, but wouldn't my name have been enough in that case, if necessary with a partial cc number?

"P.S. I gave my credit card number over the phone the other week to pay for my car insurance."

Slightly different to having it written down on a form for fuck knows who to read I'd say.

Sanuk!

When using your CC for a purchase like that , shouldn't the receipt show you used the same card with the first 12 numbers X'd out and the last 4 shown ? Just showing your card with the matching 4 numbers on card/receipt should be accepted... :dunno:

Bada :rolleyes: Bing

Archived