Condo Buyers complain - no condo !

cheekyboy

Buyers lodge complaint over unfinished condo project

Some 31 people who paid deposits on rooms in a luxury condominium project in Bangkok lodged a complaint Wednesday with the Department of Special Investigation.

The buyers accused the project owner of fraud, following four years of little progress on the building.

The buyers made statements and presented documentary evidence to show they had paid a total of Bt28 million in reservation fees and a fifth of the price of each unit to the managers of Instyle Estate Ekkamai Co Ltd.

Instyle had promised to erect the 23-storey building by this month, they said, but only a few pillars had been staked at the Sukhumvit 63 site since advertising for the project appeared in March 2005.

Deputy DSI directorgeneral Suchart Wonganantchai said the DSI would accept the case after verifying the buyers' claims.

The Nation

What a mess ... i fell sorry for them as i think the money is long gone..

We are looking to buy at the moment ....but i want to see the product before i part with hard earned cash....

Also pays to research ..we looked at one in HH on the six floor....found out another building was going up right in front of ours and Eight floors...so the sea view was lost :p

How does one stalk pillars? :hmmm:

About 20 years ago my employer and his wife paid 8 million baht for a nice big condo they moved into. Then one day all of the building's residents got a notice from a bank. Seems the agent had run off with the money and never paid it to the real owner, the bank. The bank demanded the residents pay for their condos a second time, start paying rent or get out! Since my boss was a real tightwad with his employees, we all thought it was karma in action.

:)

Archived