WHO: H1N1 virus "unstoppable"

Mentors

The mecola website requires you to register, which I refuse to do. The best I could make out it was about the death of 1 six year old child. Did it state that there were more than 30000 deaths due to the Hong Kong flu vaccine?

The other shows a complete lack of understanding of flu infections! The flu infection causes fluid to build up in the lungs. This provides an ideal environment for the development of pneumonia. That is why flu strains that affect the lower lungs are more deadly.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't need a medical degree to know his brand of alternative medicine doesn't work. If it did it would become conventional medicine. That is the scientific method.

...and where are your links to support that Dr. Mercola ia a "quack" or do you just libel the doctor :dunno:

Conventional medicine...555555555

Please note" a patient cured is a customer lost!

Is not the common cold also "unstoppable"?

I can't remember the exact statistics but thousands (if not hundreds of thousands) die every year from the flu bugs going around...

The weaker die off and is that any different since the beginning of man? As they say in the medical world, "Pneumonia is man's best friend"...

I wonder if all this hype in a highly technology world of communication and travel is a capitalistic move?

CB

Just guessing here, but I imagine you also believe that flouride-treated water is an evil government plot, the 9/11 terrorist attacks were staged by Bush, and the Apollo moon landings were all faked on a Hollywood stage? haha...

...and where are your links to support that Dr. Mercola ia a "quack" or do you just libel the doctor :dunno:

He is claiming to be a doctor and selling products which have no proven health benefits. Even if he is a doctor that is borderline quackery.

Why would Cav ever believe an MD! :devil:

In 2005, the FDA ordered Mercola and his Optimal Wellness Center to stop making illegal claims for products sold through his Web site [7]. The claims to which the FDA objected involved three products:

* Living Fuel Rx, claimed to offer an "exceptional countermeasure" against cancer, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, autoimmune diseases, etc.

* Tropical Traditions Virgin Coconut Oil, claimed to reduce the risk of heart disease and has beneficial effects against Crohn's disease, irritable bowel syndrome, and many infectious agents

* Chlorella, claimed to fight cancer and normalize blood pressure.

In 2006, the FDA send Mercola and his center a second warning that was based on product labels collected during an inspection at his facility and on claims made on the Optimum Wellness Center Web site [8]. This time the claims to which the FDA objected involve four products:

* Vibrant Health Research Chlorella XP, claimed to "help to virtually eliminate your risk of developing cancer in the future."

* Fresh Shores Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, claimed to reduce the risk of heart disease, cancer, and degenerative diseases.

* Momentum Health Products Vitamin K2, possibly useful in treating certain kinds of cancer and Alzheimer's disease.

* Momentum Health Products Cardio Essentials Nattokinase NSK-SD, claimed to be "a much safer and effective option than aspirin and other pharmaceutical agents to treating heart disease."

The warning letters explained that the use of such claims in the marketing of these products violates the Federal Food Drug and Cosmetic Act, which bans unapproved claims for products that are intended for curing, mitigating, treating, or preventing of diseases. (Intended use can be established through product labels, catalogs, brochures, tapes, Web sites, or other circumstances surrounding the distribution of the product.)

Today's Bangkok Post...

"Daily Flu Updates Ended

The Public Health Ministry stops giving daily updates on the A(H1N1) influenza pandemic, saying it wants to avoid public confusion."

Put it together with yesterdays TAT announcement that H1N1 will have zero impact on tourism.

What a bunch of self-serving friggin' monkeys.

I "owe" you gents some links...

This is on Youtube, if interested you can search it out and view it.

In this 1979 episode of 60 Minutes, Mike Wallace talks to President Ford and others about the Swine Flu vaccine of 1976. Note the admitted lack of safety and informed consent, even as TV ads frightened American citizens into getting a shot. Do you think anything has changed today?

Regarding the flu in the 70's:

If you watched the videos above in their entirety, you got to see several propaganda-like ads for the swine flu vaccine from the 1970s. Those ads are quite chilling … not because of their talk of the approaching swine flu epidemic, but because of their obvious intention to scare Americans into taking a swine flu vaccine that ended up being far worse than the disease itself.

This swine flu scare first occurred in 1976, right before I entered medical school and I remember it very clearly. It resulted in the massive swine flu vaccine campaign discussed by 60 Minutes.

Do you happen to recall the result of this massive campaign?

Within a few months, claims totaling $1.3 billion had been filed by victims who had suffered paralysis from the vaccine. The vaccine was also blamed for 25 deaths.

Several hundred people also developed crippling Guillain-Barré Syndrome after they were injected with the swine flu vaccine. Even healthy 20-year-olds ended up as paraplegics.

And the swine flu pandemic itself? It never materialized.

Fast-forward over three decades later, and now in 2009 there is similar vaccine propaganda brewing.

Dr. Mercola practices in the Chicago, Illinois, USA area. No claim, he is a real doctor.

Doctors, medicine, politics, women, etc...to each their own. I mention what I have found to be proven true, as they say in LOS...up to you.

See for yourself or continue to deny the facts that are easily available.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/07/16/Major-Expose-on-Swine-Flu-by-60-Minutes.aspx

Archived