Naked girls plough Indian fields for rainhere

Coss

[color:brown]Why can't I live here?[/color]

Link

Farmers in an eastern Indian state have asked their unmarried daughters to plough parched fields naked in a bid to embarrass the weather gods to bring some badly needed monsoon rain.

Witnesses said the naked girls in Bihar state ploughed the fields and chanted ancient hymns after sunset to invoke the gods. They said elderly village women helped the girls drag the ploughs.

"They (villagers) believe their acts would get the weather gods badly embarrassed, who in turn would ensure bumper crops by sending rains," Upendra Kumar, a village council official, said from Bihar's remote Banke Bazaar town.

"This is the most trusted social custom in the area and the villagers have vowed to continue this practice until it rains very heavily."

[color:brown]So if it doesn't rain the girls will be naked and toiling for months ....

Why can't I live here? [/color]

India this year suffered its worst start to the vital monsoon rains in eight decades, causing drought in some states.

- Reuters

This page got me a banner to learn Biblical Hebrew from Israel’s best teachers and an offer of Indian TV on my PC free for 2 weeks.

Would have rather got an offer of pictures of naked Indian girls plowing a field (or being plowed by a bunch of Indian blokes in field).

:whatever:

TH

Archived