God, Guns, Guts and American pick-up trucks

cavanami

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Carrying with a round in the chamber is one thing. Leaving a weapon around the house with a round in the chamber is idiotic.

A lot of people do that. Here in Arizona, it is very common. The time it takes to pull the slide, might be too late. Lately, we have been having a lot of home invasions which has everybody uptight. One shit would invaded a home a few days ago had a day job as a guard at a prison. Figure it out.

Link

Tom Pfaeffle, 49, was apparently using his card key to enter what he thought was his hotel room at the Blue Spruce Motel, but it turned out to be occupied by a sleeping man who thought Pfaeffle was an intruder.

Kino Michael Gomez, 57, a Seattle city engineer, reportedly shot Pfaeffle twice through the door, striking him in the arm and torso. Another bullet narrowly missed another person sleeping in an adjacent unit.

Pfaeffle, who has worked with several famous bands such as Nirvana and Aerosmith, had been staying at the hotel after attending a nearby birthday party with his wife. He died two hours later from his wounds after being transported to a Seattle-area hospital.

Gomez claimed that he had been in a deep sleep and was startled by the sound of someone trying to enter his room. He said he instinctively grabbed one of his two 40-caliber Glock handguns that were lying nearby, and shot in the direction of the door.

Twisp police chief Rick Balam didn’t buy Gomez’s story and arrested him on suspicion of second degree murder and reckless endangerment. He is being held on $100,000 bail. Balam said Gomez could hardly claim that he was defending himself, and that the shooting showed a total disregard for human safety.

Yep. If someone breaks into your home, you'd better shoot him attacking you - not running away. It's always wisest to have a "safe room" with a phone to call the cops and report a burglar. Then if you do shoot the SOB, at least it will have been noted your home was being invaded first.

p.s. Best weapon is a double barrelled shotgun anyway. Lots of folks get nervous and can't even hold a pistol steady enough to shoot.

Same-o, same-o...many people are stabbed to death with knives...should all knives be banned? Children cut themselves with knives, once again, should knives be banned...how about baseball bats?

Guns must be owned and used in a responsible manner, like any weapon.

When I was an instructor for the Army, one of my buddies was a career NCO assigned to the NCO Academy. He told me that when he'd been stationed at Fort Hood, Texas someone sprayed knock out drops (or whatever) into his air conditioning system and burglarised the house when he and his wife were unconcious. The police who investigated him told him that house had already been on a TV crime show for the exact thing happening a couple of years earlier. He also said the cops told him that if he shot a burglar, make sure he killed them. Otherwise, they could sue for damages and maybe bankrupt you. He said to me, "I couldn't believe a policeman was telling me to kill someone."

Oh, yeah ... the NCO was a black guy from Georgia; the cops were white.

Don't mess with Texas! ;)

Archived