Defence laptop lost in Bangkok

limbo

I am with you, want a stupid broadcast to make.

If it had security systems the average punter would have no idea how to crack it, and a thief's usual approach is to remove the previous owner's information in case the thief is caught with the goods.

If it was another spy agency well, it would be up to how good their agents are to break down the security software.

Unless they are trying to scare the thief or hope others might want to claim a reward for information.

I am with you, want a stupid broadcast to make.

If it had security systems the average punter would have no idea how to crack it, and a thief's usual approach is to remove the previous owner's information in case the thief is caught with the goods.

If it was another spy agency well, it would be up to how good their agents are to break down the security software.

Unless they are trying to scare the thief or hope others might want to claim a reward for information.

For starters, I would remove the hard drive and put it in a fresh new system.

2nd, I would hire one of the young Thai men at Pantip to make the data accessible.

Shit, I would have them also install the hard drive.... I am lazy.

I figure it will cost me 200 - 500 baht.

Points taken however, you're assuming that it (the Thai thief - gender or trans-gender (yet to be determined)) would be that interested.

Also, you tend to think that their encryption technology would at least be 'top shelf'.

Naaah, probably what I am saying is the idiot forgot to secure the laptop and then brought somebody back to his room (another breech of protocol), so whatever happen with the data, he should be given full credit.

Shit, a fuckwit like this will probably receive a major promotion.

Archived