Panda Baby Crisis.....

Coss

Difficult to know where to post this, but it is news and though it's in America, it affects Thailand in a very serious manner....

I feel for Thai Officials when they realize that Thailand is no longer the "Cute Baby Panda Hub of the World" as San Diego now has a newer and thereto, cuter, baby Panda.

Concern will also no doubt be heightened when the news that the baby Panda's mother, Bai Yun, is not only "Prized" but has four other baby Panda births to her credit!

San Diego panda gives birth to cute baby

Prized San Diego Zoo panda Bai Yun has given birth to her fifth cub.

The bear went through a 130-day pregnancy that zookeepers said ended with an apparently pleasant labour.

The cub, born to 17-year-old Bai Yun - which translates as White Cloud - became just the 14th panda in the United States, five of which are in San Diego.

Shortly before the birth, the mother licked herself, rolled on her back to grab her hind legs and stood on her head.

Bai Yun seemed comfortable with the cub and appeared to start nursing around 30 minutes after birth.

The pink, nearly hairless panda newborn weighed about 4 ounces.

Its gender won't be known for several weeks, until officials can get a better look, and it won't get a name for 100 days, in line with Chinese tradition.

One of many news articles which could, never the less, be fabricated by foreigners seeking to destroy Thailand's wonderful reputation...

;)

Coss

On a completely different note, when I read this bit "... licked herself, rolled on her back to grab her hind legs and stood on her head." I had flash backs to one Lamb Pie, who was prone to similar antics...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Pandamonium

From the Bangkok Post, apparently this is a real, straight, piece...

After months of sensational coverage on the birth and developmental milestones of Lhinping the panda cub, can be compared to the likes of Paris Hilton and Jessica Simpson, with a live broadcast of her every move 24 hours a day...

Link

Luverly

Coss

Archived