new airport / swine flue??

keith doug

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess they could send you home if you had a fever - on the next plane.

Or 'quarantine' you in some 'institution' someplace.

Drink a lot of cold fluids before departing plane so that your core body temperature is low to avoid such encounters.

They have been very automated with the temp checks that they do in the airports in China. As you walk out of the arriving area, they have temp sensors "aimed" at the exit aisles and people monitoring the system.

No fuss, no mess.

When I went to Cambodia last month, the Thai side of the border they had Immi people taking your temp. I figured I would "flunk" since it was quite hot and we were lined up in the very hot sun, but made it thru OK.

You don't line up, Thermal cameras just scan all passangers on the walk to immigration, they do have it in BKK as you are walking up the slopes from arrival gates to Immi desk. If you show signs of a higher than normal temperature, especially around the throat area, you are pulled aside and questioned for a couple of minutes.

I was pulled over in Qatar back in May on an entry in, quick chat with the Doctor, given a leaflet and sent on my way, still made the baggage caroursel before my baggage did.

Archived