Thailand king stable in hospital

The_Munchmaster

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I foresee no problems - just a lengthy period of unbelievable mourning. Then politicians will begin scrambling for power.

I am surprised about your comment. Without going into details' date=' but don't you think that the trouble of the recent years are part of an ongoing power struggle in advance of the upcoming future, which is coming closer with every day?

[/quote']

Actually I have thought much the same thing as Flash on this subject (to a degree), but I do think there will be major civil strife later on. Crocodile tears and praise and such for 6 months by the faces known throughout the land, meanwhile in the background behind doors serious influence peddling, manuveuring, political shenanigans, and all sorts of nasty stuff will go on. It will be a big face thing showing how sad they are. Once the mourning period is over the shit will hit the fan due to one side losing in the behind the scenes fighting. I do believe it will get bloody. There will be a calm before the storm hits.

Isn't there some sort of Thai legend that the current dynasty would only last 9 kings?

(His worshipfulness is the 9th).

Didn't Prem call Chavalit a traitor while I was away? That will get interesting if the country "destabilises".

Still I can put up with a lot of inconvenience if the baht drops to about 60 to the AUD.

HM the King shows up

His Majesty the King on Friday afternoon left his room at Siriraj hospital to pay homage to the royal statues of his father and mother in front of the hospital.

The King, sitting on a wheelchair and wearing a blue shirt, showed a cheerful face.

His appearance excited people at the hospital and they loudly expressed their best wishes for a full recovery and return to good health.

The King was admitted to the hospital for treatment 34 days ago. This was the first time he had been seen in public since.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews/157926/hm-the-king-shows-up

Archived