I just saw a rat!

Faustian

In Tesco Lotus.

It was huge! Running around under the freezers. I was wearing flip-flops...so I couldn't stamp on the bastard (not sure that would've gone down too well either). I also worried for my toes. Don't want to get bitten.

Anyway, it has quite put me off from shopping there again. Made me feel quite unwell in fact.

A few years back I was getting a traditional massage in Pattaya when suddenly there were pieces of false ceiling falling on me and loud rumbling noise as if there was earthquake. The masseuse looked up at the ceiling and said "cat." I was confused for a moment then thought that it was more likely a rat running on the false ceiling, maybe chased by a cat.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One more: I was driving one night in Santiago, Dominican Republic. My first trip there. I noticed what looked like dogs on large piles of garbage along the road. Then suddenly, one came across the road in front of my car -- a huge rat!

Well, the rat apparently didn't think it was going to make it across without getting hit, so it stopped on the center line. The big rat then faced the headlights, put the paws to its eyes, and twitched a few times, as if to expect the inevitable impact...it was a nightmarish experience, my first and last trip there.

Archived