Do I have a problem, or do they?

Encore

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't post inline but:

http://static.thaivisa.com/forum/style_images/17_logo4.jpg

The BP say they joined some online media association and weren't allowing their articles to be reproduced, even with attribution, on Internet forums:

Bangkok Post Bans Thaivisa From Using Its Content

Linked to The Nation tie-up? Who knows, not going to wade through the whole thread to find no one else does either.

I always got the impression that Thaivisa is first about making money and that they will do everything to keep it flowing - including deleting all posts and members who might be a hindrance to their goals.

To make money you need traffic and TV gets it.

No problem with that. It's just a question of priorities: Having a forum mainly for to make money, which means eliminating every post/user who is hindrance to this goal, or having a balance between a well run and open forum (within the usual bonds in regard to LOS) and making money...

I follow and contribute to some of the specialty sub forums, e.g. Chiang Rai, food, photography.

There's a lot of people there and sometimes a pearl of wisdom comes out.

I've made a some worthwhile friends as well, a couple of whom are banned there now.

TV talked to me early in the year about a moderators job.... they have dozens of mods, but I failed some mysterious requirement.

The trick of getting the most out of the board is to avoid Thai politics and local expat shit.

Archived