Windows Virutal Desktops

shygye

Unix computers have had multiple virtual desktops for over 20 years. You can add this feature to Vista or XP with this program,

Virtual Dimension

Indeed, using Virtual Dimension, you could have all your chat and irc windows on one virtual desktop; your email client and browser windows on another; and your text editor and debugger on a third one. This way, you only have what you need before you, yet you can easily switch to another desktop when you need to access the other applications...

Hi,

I compensate for this by having a large screen (24") with a high resolution (1680x1050), which gives me a lot of room to place different windows.

Works for me.

Sanuk!

You should give it a try. Programmers tend to really like it. One desktop for programming/debug, one for thai360, and one for word processing/documents.

Hi' date='

I compensate for this by having a large screen (24") with a high resolution (1680x1050), which gives me a lot of room to place different windows.

Works for me.

Sanuk!

[/quote']

You should give it a try. Programmers tend to really like it. One desktop for programming/debug, one for thai360, and one for word processing/documents.

I agree, I used to sit at Sparc station with virtual desktops. One desktop for development, one for debug, one for test (TTCN), one for version management (ClearCase) and one for documentation. A single 24" screen won't hack this. Virtual desktops are great but you have to learn to use them to appreciate their real value.

ALHOLK

Archived