Have Bike, Will Travel

Ryder

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Daytime.

I once viewed this older farang on a motobike turn from Pattaya Tai to 2nd Road with traffic.

He somehow turned motorbike a little too much and bike fell and so did he. Old gent. Had helmet. but bruised a bit with cuts and such. He just got up and road off.

No accident with any others. From my perspective - he was too old to be on a bike - any bike.

I've had about a half dozen motocycles from a 90cc up to some of the larger ones. It ain't for the faint of heart.

When that tanker lorry/truck stopped suddenly in front of me - with brake lights not working - I threw in the towel. Sold my bike.

Bought one more. But 10 years later sold it with only 200 miles on it.

Enough for me. I'll walk, take public transit, cab, train, taxi or whatever.

Don't desert the brotherhood unit man.

When the going gets tough, ryde the ways and get tough with it!

I've had a lot of close calls over the years but it just makes me emboldened to defy the danger, climb aboard the iron horse once more and gallop off again into the distance!

That which doesn't kill us...

Some of those old dudes I see on bikes are like old soi dogs, grit of teeth and cutting it with the young dudes .

Some of them are crazier and quicker than me; I was trying to cross this road on the CBR and this grimtooth farang rides up alongside me on his pootle scooter. Then whumpf! He's just taken off between traffic, just like thai style :D

You see farang can adapt to a situation and go with it quite well if left to their own devices. Maybe a bit crazy but that's ok too sometimes....

Archived