Have Bike, Will Travel

Ryder

Hi,

I remember the look on the face of the doctor after I 'pulverized' my elbow in a motorbike accident and asked him "Will I still be able to ride when this heals?". :)

The answer was 'yes', btw.

I miss riding a bike living here though. Not ridden one in years, don't like the small ones. Was used to riding a 700cc bike (Suzuki Intruder).

Sanuk!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi,

I remember the look on the face of the doctor after I 'pulverized' my elbow in a motorbike accident and asked him "Will I still be able to ride when this heals?". :)

The answer was 'yes', btw.

I miss riding a bike living here though. Not ridden one in years, don't like the small ones. Was used to riding a 700cc bike (Suzuki Intruder).

Sanuk!

Same same.... after a major accident, I went riding with the whole right leg in a cast..... nuf said.

BB

KS: "If I have to explain how it feels to ride a bike, you wouldn't understand".

There is a great quote from Sonny Barger, founder of the Hells Angels, on the feeling of freedom one gets when riding a motorcycle.

He states: "I can't explain it to a person who has never done it, but when you see your dog sticking his head out of the window in the back seat while you are driving, he gets it."

I always felt it was safer in BKK than in America. The bikes can swarm together and move as one where in america you are an unseen ghosts waiting for someone to pull out in front of you.

If I were to be back in BKK I would probably NOT get a bike. BG's love a falang on a bike. I was seriously impressed wth the public transportation when I was last in BKK. Taxi's are also cheap enough at night when the subway and BTS are not running. I would miss the freedom a bit but would be okay without it.

I never had so much fun making the midnight run to patong from phukettown while living in phuket. It was the ultimate form of prep for a night of sanuk.

Buddha, you speak the vibe my friend. It's young, fresh energy like that that keeps the expat scene from grinding to a halt.

Being 'out there' to the elements is what riding's all about. It's almost like flying!

You have a touring screen or wind deflector for the fast moving speeds, so you're not completely exposed ;)

Also, I've taking the public transport before.

Buses suck big time.

Noisy and inane videos that will drive you up the wall.

Constant stops for passengers, delays. Difficult to gauge how close you are to your destination.

BIB have never hassled me for money while riding.

Cars are just as likely to be stopped.

Trains aren't much better. Biking is the way forward...

Ryde the Ways...

Archived