A business story

AloyMak

Not a bad idea. Stick said his weekly posts would get edgier. Farangs in Thailand - and Thailand generally if you think about it seriously and not short term (meaning something more than the typical local one month time horizon) - would certainly benefit from edgier (truthful and less encumbered) reporting on happenings here.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't plan on ever going back to Spanky's. However, it turns out the owner is a friend of a friend and I'm assured that he'd never let this happen if he knew it was going on so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Hollywood Carousel seems perfectly happy taking my money. In just two nights, I've paid barfine x 4 (I highly recommend the combination of the punky-haired, tattooed girl with cat-eye makeup and her best friend.) and run up some healthy bar bills. And the girls were quite happy with their shorttime fees as well. I guess I'll just have to be satisfied with knowing that Spanky's won't ever get another satang from me.

Many thanks to the OP for posting this. I will avoid Spanky's as there are lots of other options.

Reporting this to Stickman may not help as Spanky's used to advertise on his site and he promoted the bar quite a bit a while back.

The OP mentioned that he had spent a bit of cash in Spanky's earlier in the night. Strange that the mamasan didn't notice him as Spanky's is not very big. Especially after the girl ran up squealing when the OP returned. Perhaps it's time for a new mamasan!?!?

Anyway, I had a nearly identical situation with Mercury about 4 years ago. Walked past many times since.

Do stop by and try to speak to the owner, his name is Marc. He seems an alright guy and is on the record as stating that he wants to have a "user friendly" bar without all the hassels. Give him the chance to make it right.

Mama-sans can't stop being Mama-sans; it's against their ancient professional ethics to ever return money for whatever reason. They'd rather face the wrath of their boss than the wrath of their peers.

On my last trip, I barfined one of the show dancers at Angelwitch. As she was due to be in the show, the understanding was that I would come back and get her after showtime was over.

I returned, and learned that she'd continued drinking, and had just gotten sick.

She told the mamasan, and the mamasan refunded the barfine IMMEDIATELY, and apologized, before I had a chance to say ANYTHING.

Having said that, I'll add this: I've been in Spanky's in Nana, and the sister club in Cowboy, and, truthfully, I wasn't impressed with either one.

Archived