Overstay on 30 day visa.

tomx2

If you intend to stay longer than 30 days get a tourist visa before you travel. If you get stopped by the police for some reason prior to going to the airport and you have overstayed you will get arrested and slung in the immigration jail.

Simie.

I have always wondered that, per chance, if you did over stay in Thailand for a day, or a few days, whether or not it may influence your travel to other countries, for example, a refusal to be allowed entry in another country - say, like the USA, who seem to have very strict requirements)

Pretty good question, but I think not.

If you really want to be safe, go to Yemen for a while and travel to the US via Nigeria where your dad had warned the American Embassy you might be a terrorist threat. As long as you don't try to blow anything up, you'll be alright.

Hi.

Is it still the policy when you get the 30 day arrival stampat the airport, but you overstay 1 extra day, you are exempt from paying a overstay fine. But will begin paying after 2 or more days.

Thanks.

TC.

Better get a visa before departure.

Imagine at check-in the airline refuses to take you because your return date is over 30 days and no visa ? Not worth the risk IMO.

BB

I have overstayed 4 times:

March 92 - 2 days

March 96 - 3 days

April 99 - 2 days

July 04 - 1 day

In the first three cases I paid a B100 per day fine, which was processed at one of the offices behind the immigration desks (Don Muang), but for the 1 day overstay I didn't pay anything and also there was no need to go to one of the offices.

In all cases there is an additional stamp in my passport but for the 1 day overstay it is different from the others. Of course they are all in Thai so neither I nor presumably anyone else in any airport outside Thailand knows what they say.

I have overstayed by one day twice. Same experience as Munch... no questions asked, fine waived.

Maybe they allow you the one day grace because of flight delays and many flights leaving late at night.. the accidental overstays may be too many for them, too much hassle and creates bad impression. Whereas 2 days or more is a bit harder to explain away as an accident.

Pretty sure you will be penalised for TWO days or more, but I think (from my experience) ONE day will be OK.

:beer:

Thanks to everyone for your reply.

I am already in Thailand and my pre-booking flight to Cambodia (for 1 month) by Bangkok Airways will cause me to leave Phnom Penh 1 day earlier based on their interpertation of 30 days.

Anyways, I would have to change my U.S. ticket (which would cost me $150) to deduct that 1 day. So I will stay 1 extra day and hopfully not be stopped by the Thai police.

TC.

Archived