Tasty Steak...Where?????

I had "steak" at the top of the Landmark and must say for the hundred bucks I spent, I should have stayed at the hotel and eaten bargirl as my entree instead of for dessert. The steak was horrible. It could have been water buffalo as far as I know.:) Never had "beef" that tasted like that. Try Neil's, they serve real beef.

Culled from the Internet:

Neil's Tavern

58/4 Soi Ruam Rudee

Ploenchit Road

Open daily for lunch and dinner

Tel: +66-2 256-6875

An old-fashioned steakhouse with wooden fittings. Good steaks (at a price) and excellent home-baked bread. The place for a power lunch.

The "at a price" remark is accurate. I've been there a couple of times. Pricey, BUT...a damned good hunk of meat. They bring out several slabs of imported beef, and you pick the one you want. Then they cook it. Price per weight, I believe.

There's another branch on Soi Asoke, also, I think, but I've not been to that one.

The best Neil's Tavern is a stone's throw from the US Embassy on Soi Ruam Rudee as mentioned. IMO it is much better than the one on Asoke. It also is packed most evenings, especially Fridays and Saturdays. A reservation is a must.

As to the prices, count on spending a couple thousand baht each for dinner not including liquor. It does depend on the cuts of meat you select. If you like a bottle of wine with your dinner, the price goes up markedly.

Whatever you do, save a little room for dessert as they have some of the best in town. The Black Forest Cake is the best!

By the way, there is a lady working in Bus Stop now who used to be a waitress in Neil's. She told me the wages there were pathetic. Another straight girl waitress turned to the dark side. laugh.gif

[color:red]Sizzlers: i like the saladbar a lot (best i came across in LOS) , the drinks are cheap and the combination meals are good value for your money. And a good places for peoplewatching.

Hunters Pub: The T-Bone is a great deal, the staff is very friendly, the drinks are cheap too.

Fridays (at Ploechit centre): good and friendly service, big dishes and happy hour from 2 to 6 pm.

Unfortunaly i didnt make it to Neils. Perhaps next time. color=red>

I'm with you on all of these Mupfel and I hope you get to try Neil's next trip.

As stated in other threads, I love taking straight lady dates to Sizzler's. But, again, mainly for the Food Bar. I think the steak there is pretty bad and stick with the chicken and seafood as a main course.

Not many people know about Hunter's Pub and I think it is really a great place for the reasons you mentioned.

Also, TGIFridays in the Ploenchit Center (and on Silom across from Patpong 1) has good farang food too. The portions are always huge there so you best bring your appetite when you visit. My favorite there is not steak, but something they call Mushrooms, Chicken, Mushrooms. Two breaded large chicken breasts, breaded mushrooms, baked potato with mushrooms and cheese, steamed vegetables, and bread. Quite a fill-up and, I think, around 260 baht.

was recently in the newly opened los gauchos on asoke road. steaks are excellent. but quite expensive for bangkok. the t bone was 1900 baht. there is as well live music, playing south american music. there were not many guests. wonder if the place will survive.

Archived