Thaksin arrives in Cambodia : Thai FM

Coss

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We all get screwed by our governments - the Thais dont have a monopoly on that.

So in your country' date=' if the son of a top politician was seen by a whole crowd execute a plain clothes policeman in a disco with a gunshot in the head, the kid would get off scot free and the dad none the worse for it?

In your country, when a real estate developer decides they want to build a highrise but there's the inconvenience of a lot of leases to shopowners to get around, does the army come in and destroy all the shops? Or do bombs get set off? Real estate developers do that in your country?

No, man. Cmon. It ain't like Thailand in our countries.

[/quote']

Unless maybe you belong to the Kennedy family in the US.

Bullshit article written by a lazy journalist who does not know the basic facts.

Kh"Abhisit became PM in December 2008 some 15 months ago. Not late last year as the article states. The lack of basic facts discredits the authors opinion.

Looks like a rewrite of old news. It's a way to make money ... I did it myself when I was Bangkok stringer for a Japanese paper and had to come up with something every few days.

Bullshit article written by a lazy journalist who does not know the basic facts.

Kh"Abhisit became PM in December 2008 some 15 months ago. Not late last year as the article states. The lack of basic facts discredits the authors opinion.

Looks like a rewrite of old news. It's a way to make money ... I did it myself when I was Bangkok stringer for a Japanese paper and had to come up with something every few days.

The article was written last year, so Abhisit had been in power for a year at the time of writing.

So it's bullshit, and a way to make money, but no one is refuting the facts he presents.

I'll have to stick to the Nation for my fair and unbiased news I suppose.

ThaiVisa has enough money? The Nation was barely holding on, hoping somebody would buy them out. There's definitely a ThaiVisa connection though.

The Nation years ago stopped paying freelancers. I found that out when I asked why I hadn't been paid for my writing. They said you're supposed to be happy with a byline. :down: Since then they have laid off the majority of their subeditors and stopped their regular columns (e.g. S. Tsow's).

The T-man did his best to shut down The Nation when he was "the man". He tried to pressure all of their advertisers to drop them because they wouldn't support him. But The Nation has never really recovered from the '97 crash, which killed all of their magazine ventures and almost got them.

Archived