Thaksin still banned from entering Germany

kamui

Thaksin still banned from entering Germany: German envoy

By The Nation

Former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra would not be able to see his two daughters in Germany as he has been banned from the country since last year, German Ambassador to Thailand Hanns Schumacher said Sunday.

Thaksin tweeted he would leave Dubai to see his daughters Pinthongtha and Paethongthan Shinawatra somewhere in Europe soon.

His two daughters are now in Germany for a business engagement.

Thaksin was banned from Germany as he illegally obtain one-year residency last year, the German envoy said in a telephone interview.

However there was so far no information that Thaksin tried to enter German since then, the ambassador said.

Asked if it is possible that Thaksin would enter Germany with under different name, Schumacher said there are many illegal entries in the country but in that case the German authorities need to enforce the laws.

"So far, we are not aware of movement of former Prime Minister Thaksin to Germany since he has been banned," he said.

Responding to a query if Thaksin is found in Germany, the envoy said Thaksin would be dealt with according to German immigration laws.

Thaksin's whereabouts was under Thai government's surveillance since his red shirted supporters held a huge demonstration in Bangkok.

For the government concern, Thaksin might use any country for a launching PAD against Thailand.

[color:red]

The Cambodian government, which Thaksin is an economic advisor, denied a news report earlier of Thaksin's presence in Cambodia.[/color]

Foreign Ministry's Spokesman Koy Kuong was quoted by Xinhua Saturday that Cambodia has received no information that Thaksin is planning to come to Cambodia.

He said since Friday afternoon, following reports from the Thai press many, inquiries were asked on the presence of Thaksin in Cambodia.

The Nation

Maybe he has sneaked across the border into Pattani, where he is so well loved because of his paper birds. :hmmm:

Thaksin said his daughters flew to Berlin to attend a hotel show, not to avoid the "final battle". Since when have the daughters owned a hotel? I suppose his wife and son went to Hong Kong to watch a Run Run Shaw movie. :)

I suppose his wife and son went to Hong Kong to watch a Run Run Shaw movie. :)

(Warning - way off topic).

What's this? It is truly a strange world we live in. Not often you see a reference to the Shaw Brothers outside of a small demographic of film nerds who like their work.

I own most of their library what one could find as bootleg on VCD in Chinatown, ha, as it wasn't available on DVD at the time I set out to pick those pieces up (2003-4).

For the unwashed masses, if you were ever curious, you'd want to start with '36th Chamber of Shaolin,' or 'Killer Clans.'

:)

wBIPBtq9jXw

Hey ... I used to watch the films at the theatre during their first run! I'm an old geezer. :(

p.s. Ever seen Bruce Lee's first film? It's set in Thailand. Watch it if you want to see LOS the way it used to be. :)

Also, watch "The Ugly American" with Marly Brandy. It has scenes of Bangkok in the early 1960s!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Big_Boss

The story line is that the hero comes to Thailand to visit some relatives. However, a gang of baddies is causing everyone trouble. Lee stands up to the baddies in some great fight scenes. This film made Lee a major star.

Hm. Interesting. So at the end of the film, did Lee get banned from Germany?

Nah, he didn't cause any trouble - unlike the T-man. Apparently, the end of the film was a shocker to the Chinese. After taking his revenge by exterminating the killers of his family, he simply surrenders to the Thai police. The Chinese weren't used to seeing the hero get arrested.

BTW Lee's mother was half-German! He was Eurasian. :)

Archived