Best way to getting to my hotel?

soongmak

In the past ten years, I got nailed by one rigged meter but I do not ride in a taxi so much.

The rigged meter doubled the fare.

I had one taxi where the meter blanked out and stopped working. The taxi driver was in a bit of a panic but I knew what the fare should be and he agreed with it, so no problem!

Yes, the meter was starting at zero. When you get on the highway, there are signs signaling every 100 meters. I saw that those kms were not going nearly as fast as the kms on the meter.

Since you kept that slip of paper, you can report that taxi to the police. :cool:

Yes' date=' the meter was starting at zero. When you get on the highway, there are signs signaling every 100 meters. I saw that those kms were not going nearly as fast as the kms on the meter.[/quote']

Since you kept that slip of paper, you can report that taxi to the police. :cool:

I could do that, but it's not worth the hassle for me. All that work and who knows what gets done. I did let the taxi driver know though that his meter was no good and that it went way too fast. He only stared at the ground and didn't retort. I guess he knew and didn't know what to say.

Like TH I just asked all the change back and that was it.

Made it to the hotel under 30 minutes. I suspect the meter was rigged. No way it is 39 km. and 270 baht excluding toll and mark up fee to sukhumvit soi 22 from the airport.

Jeez, why do you bother anyway? For 270 baht on the meter AND possible traffic gridlocks in a city famous for gridlocks?

I flew in Monday around 7PM to the Emerald on Ratchada Pisek, 244B on the meter.

Driver should have taken Walthana Tham shortcut iso getting stuck in traffic by driving through Fortune mall and turning right there into Ratchada, that bit costed 30 minutes in traffic and might have added 40/50 baht.

Return to Swampy Wednesday 1pm, 199B on meter, light traffic.

Only once had ridged meter from DM to Bang Sue railway station: meter showed +200B when he left the expressway and reached over 350 at railway station. Got into an argument with the driver.

Also had an idiot who refused to take the expressway at Ploenchit coming from Suk soi 16, he went left on Asoke, took the express way in the wrong direction, got me onto second state expressway and made me sightseeing all of Bangkok. I was arguing with him all the way at no avail.

Archived