Best way to getting to my hotel?

soongmak

I'm flying in tomorrow and it seems that Asoke may still be blocked. What is the best way to get to my hotel on sukhumvit soi 22. Take a taxi to Ekkamai, and then take the skytrain? Or take the taxi on to the highway, get off at lower sukh, and get on the skytrain at Ploenchit, or alternatively, try to reach the soi going from Rama IV. What would you do?

Asoke was never blocked today - actually can say that I did not see a single Red Shirt person all day today at Asoke/Sukhumvit intersection.

Traffic this morning was heavy in that area (from Sukhumvit outbound) - but by lunch and now (16:00) it is completely free flowing.

Cheers!

Because of your replies I thought it was better to check it on Google Maps. The actual distance is 29 km. instead of the 39+ km I got on the meter. So that is a speedup of more than 30%. That meter was rigged. It probably set me back no more than 50-70 baht, and that is no biggie. The feeling that you are getting ripped off just fresh off the plane while you're in the taxi is annoying though.

Archived