Classic Rock

Patella

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every trip I ask at least one time one DJ person to play ONE NIGHT IN BANGKOK.

Sadly, the last few trips, the DJ person has never heard of the music/song.

Please indulge me in a tad bit of nostalgia !

My memories are of the past.

LOL. I used to hate most 'commercial' music in those days, but for some reason I gave BTO a pass and I actually liked that song.

Quite funny to remember oneself as a teen age self-styled rock critic with zero buying power as a consumer, thumbing his nose at pop music, but that's the way I was.

I haven't changed much, but I've learned to blame 3 decades of music I don't appreciate on arrested development caused by external substances. :content:

I was in Tim Gogo Bar in Pattaya last night. They have a great selection of rock videos, with a very good sound system. While I was there they played Status Quo, Dire Straits, Guns 'n' Roses, Bon Jovi, AC/DC, Chris Rea and many others. I don't know what the girls were like, as I was glued to the TV screens!

Other gogo bars in Pattaya that play classic rock are Sexy Girls in soi 8 and Champion in Walking Street.

For live music you can't beat the Blues Factory (starring the amazing Lam Morrison), and there's a pretty good live band at Rolling Stone 3 bar (corner of soi 16 and Walking Street).

Archived