Nervous God

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep.....

Some good lads amongst your pics...

Guess it's abut time I came back up and bought them another drink or 3

Besides...."WE" need to "save" all those lost souls at the Pink House

Just a tad worried about your wife though...LOL....still she seems to have the local BIB well in check

Cheers DC

Does Thailand need an army large enough that they need to conscript soldiers? Thailand has the occasional border skirmish, but it seems to me that a smaller, better trained and equipped force could easily handle those.

What external threats does Thailand really face? If something major materialized, they could go back to the draft. What does the army real do, except change governments?

I recall seeing somewhere - perhaps even on this board - that Thailand has more generals than any other country than the U.S. Not sure whether that is true, but I think the more important point is that it is very top heavy. So, are they conscripting soldiers to fill out the bottom of the pyramid to justify the numbers at the top?

I believe Thailand has more flag offices (Generals/Admirals) than the US - won't be too difficult to confirm that.

And for all the officers, and for to keep this huge and powerful - political and economical - machinery running they need conscripts. My guess, the size of the army is not primarily because is under threat constantly...

Archived