Women march topless in Maine without incident

Flashermac

Looks like that scene was filmed at an All American Burger joint. There was one at about 10th & Wilshire in SM, not a bad place.

I had a drinking buddy here - guy is my age, going on 18. The senior Long Beach cops still call him Spicoli (in a fond way) for the mischief he got up to back in the day.

He hasn't changed. Not long ago, we were at a family restaurant/bar. There was some kind of cop party going on, and a cop made a remark to his buddy about 'the skank' as they passed by us on the way to the loo. My friend got paranoid and responded by placing a bud under the bar rail at the other end of the bar where the cops were sitting. "Fucking place is full of narcs and DEA. That'll throw 'em off the scent." LOL

Regarding Spicoli, same friend once put me on the phone with Rex Huffman, a well known kneeboarder from the 70s whom he claimed the Spicoli character was modeled after, since Rex went to the same HS in San Diego where the screenwriter went undercover before writing the book/screenplay.

Rex wouldn't confirm or deny that he was Spicoli (I suspect the character was composite anyway), but he did answer one question frankly.

Me: Is it true you snaked my buddy and made him eat the reef at Restaurant's (Tavarua) when you were the only two out in the water?

Rex: Yes.

Me: Why?

Rex: Because your buddy's an asshole!

LOL

Good night now.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, when I was a teen this film was a pop favorite and quoted often by... almost everyone.

The movie itself is sentimental and has its moments, but it's not a 'great.' And yet, it exerted enormous influence over the culture. Why?

'Dude' has been around a long time, but it was this specific film that brought it into everyday usage, and now it's ubiquitous. Shit -- I had Thai Bargirls saying 'what's up dude' to me when they learned I was from California.

'What's up dude' -- surreal.

I fucking love it.

Yeah, when I was a teen this film was a pop favorite and quoted often by... almost everyone.

The movie itself is sentimental and has its moments, but it's not a 'great.' And yet, it exerted enormous influence over the culture. Why?

'Dude' has been around a long time, but it was this specific film that brought it into everyday usage, and now it's ubiquitous. Shit -- I had Thai Bargirls saying 'what's up dude' to me when they learned I was from California.

'What's up dude' -- surreal.

I fucking love it.

Something wrong with your hearing Dave, bargirls say "'ow yer goin mate".

I had Thai Bargirls saying 'what's up dude' to me when they learned I was from California.

Something wrong with your hearing Dave' date=' bargirls say "'ow yer goin mate". [/quote']

Hey Julian - one night went into Big Dogs at Nana to kill some time before heading to Climax (Spice) to meet friends. As soon as I sat down I noticed a lovely vision in a jean mini-skirt and t-shirt looking over.

She walks up. Doesn't ask my name or how I am... she's a little tipsy and flush -- and she says 'Oi (or something that sounds like that), Aussie?'

I look at her funny. "Ozzy?, am I Ozzy?"

She had a thick accent but her English was excellent. 'No, are you from Australia! I love Australians!!' Then she proceeded to name some hansum soccer players from there and I had no idea who she was talking about. WTF.

At that moment I had an epiphany and Dave32 knew he had much work to do in LOS.

The Yanks are coming baby.

The Yanks are coming...

:)

Archived