Greenspan : not my fault!

temfarang

European powers rarely went more than a generation without a war. Two big ones in the first half of 20th century and other minor ones in between.

1800s saw a few as well, Crimean war and others. 1700s saw plenty, one of them on our shores (the French and Indian wars, called the 7 years war in England).

The interesting thing was the last one was so big and destructive it made a Europe that was always at war almost completely placid to the point they seem as if they'd rather stay out of just wars.

Europe, I'm afraid, does not have the collective will to fight even a just war I think. I also think they'd capitulate to some demands of domestic terrorism if the fundamentalist take it up a few notches. The French talk a good game but they'd succumb.

The U.S. has its own issues. Those are well known. I also think we no longer have the stomach for a prolonged war even if its just (Afghanistan). We'd still defend our shores to the death if someone tried to invade though. Assisting a nation under threat is a thing of the past. We'll leave the minute the body bags start coming in numbers we didn't anticipate. Quick decisive 'easy' wars are the only ones we'll consider nowadays.

As far as the country to replace us. China is by far the most evident.

No one comes close. India is the only viable defense I think against them in the future but they need a LOT of improvement to do so.

If Russia gets its act together, it can as well. Outside of those two nations, I don't see anyone else. Japan, if it changes its mentality and the U.S. allows it to, could become a major regional power. But the 'nazis of the east' will probably go overboard again. China will come hard and early before allowing that to happen.

None of the middle eastern countries have the ability to project power outside their region in any force other than exporting terrorism.

Fark the EU puzzies!

Once again, the USA DOES SOMETHING, not sit on their azz like the EU!

Sorry, not perfect, so EU, get off your farkin azz and do SOMETHING and then come back to complain, otherwise shut the fark up!!!

Well perhaps they'd prefer to have Chinese soldiers occupying bases in their country as opposed to us meddling Americans? Just wait till the chinks get their hooks in, the EU will be crying like bitches for the way things were. Of course then they will bitch that the USA never does anything... :banghead::banghead::dunno::dunno:

Fuck 'em all, bring all the US troops home, close the bases, and never get involved again in anything. We will use our money and resources to rebuild our country, and practice isolationism. High tariffs on those contaminated chink goods or just ban them altogether. Nothing foreign in, and little if anything out. Fuck ya all mother fuckers!

Now if you'll excuse me I am off to Berkeley to kick some peace protester ass!

View Frontline's "The Warning" if you get a chance. It was aired on Sophon in Pattaya a few weeks ago. www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/warning/view/

Fascinating stuff. Documents the history of how Brooksley Born warned the triumvirate Greenspan, Rubin, and Summers of the dangers of the secretive, unregulated multitrillion-dollar derivatives market whose crash helped trigger the financial collapse in the autumn of 2008.

At one point Greenspan summons her to his office and orders her not to investigate fraud.

Born's last words in the doco were "It'll all happen again if we don't take the appropriate steps...There will be significant financial downturns and disasters attributed to this regulatory gap over and over until we learn from experience."

And the frightening thing is that Summers is now working for Obama!

:beer:

I certanly believe its not a qustion of if but when it will all happen again. No amount of growth fueled from the next Ford, Gates or industry like tech will be able ot reverse this.

The American debt is at a point where it will forever be a debtor nation.

I'm not sure how one (especially an American) can protect themselves in the future. Cash, gold, whatever. The government has almost martial law powers outside the constitution. It can freeze, take, etc. whatever it deems fit from the people. I sound crazy? Watch it happen if people hoard things in anticipation of some crisis.

Same-o, same-o...they are using the same playbook for the past 100 years!

I am quite afraid that it is too late for the USA citizens to wake up!

We are already serfs for the master bankers and politicians!!!

There are plenty of books out there that outline the history and the plans that they use.

Listen to radio shows; Alex Jones, Rense, etc. They are beating the drums but the average Joe is not hearing it...

Archived