Hotel Lockboxes

Savittre

Hi Guys, can any of you recommend a hotel (in Pattaya, obviously) that has safety deposit boxes near to the Reception area? I'm looking for a hotel that costs about 600 baht, give or take.

I did stay at a hotel that I thought was great- everybody coming out of that hotel looked like they'd just finished shagging, and every woman coming into the hotel was a hoe, and was dressed like one, as well. I was in my element, no doubt, but that place has the safe boxes in the hotel rooms, so I'd like to stay at a hotel that has the safe boxes downstairs near the Reception next time!

Thanks

they are easily bypassed, some have reed relay that can be triggered by external magnet.

many have reset switch that can be accessed from mounting holes

all measures to open the safe in case the person that set the lock forgets his numbers

Have you ever requested a hotel safe to be unlocked because you have forgotten the combination? I have

After reporting it to reception I then met the duty manager who then verified my details in registration records, this despite the fact I had been renting a room at the place for the past 36 months (it was my Eastern Seaboard midweek residence when I worked there).

Safe company were called and when they arrived they double checked my details.

Once in the room and at the safe it took 15-20 minutes for them to unlock it, not a simple "wave a magnet over a reed relay"

Before door was fully opened from Ajar I was asked what was visible in the safe. All in all from reporting to having safe opened took nearly 3 hours and quite a bit of validation even though I was well known to hotel management.

There may well be one or two unscrupilous operators, but I don't know of anyone ever being the victim of such said scam.

This is my personal experience in a Penang resort quality hotel in 1998.

I'd been out for a meal with my ex and friends and got back to the room at midnight quite pissed.

We were flying out to KL-London the next day and were leaving the hotel about 6am.

For some reason my idiot ex wife wanted the passports and tickets out of the room safe, and to cut a long story short, I blew the combination three times. Three strikes you're out.

We called the night manager, a young Chinese woman who arrived with two Malay security guards.

The guards played with it for nearly an hour and gave up, saying stiff shit.

The woman manager stayed after they left and opened the safe in about two minutes.

No loss of face for them, safe open for us.

:dunno:

yahuseyyah, thanks!

I should have mentioned that the box in my room is key operated, not combination.

I prefer the safe boxes in the reception area because it's a public area. The boxes in the room allow a dishonest person to work in private.

Archived