Reds deny distributing stickers promoting Thaksin as president

Mekong

The red shirts had no involvement in the stickers with a message to promote "New Thai State under President Thaksin Shinawatra", their leader Natthawut Saikua said on Tuesday.

The stickers, with white message on red background, were distributed in public places along Silom Road.

Natthawut urged police to look into the matter and arrest the distributors.

Link

Thaksin condemns a smear to promote him as president

Ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra on Tuesday issued a statement condemning what he termed a campaign to smear him by promoting his name as the president of a "New Thai State".

"I condemn ill-intentioned people for what I see as a most malicious political smear," he said in the statement.

Thaksin said ill-intentioned people had distributed stickers with vicious message against him at Silom Road.

Link

p.s. Nothing about this in the Post. :hmmm:

Convicted former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra condemned people who put up signs and posters on Silom road labelling him as the president of a new Thai state, Thaksin's legal adviser Noppadon Pattama said on Tuesday.

"I would like to condemn such campaign because it is false and this is the worst political accusation I ever had.

"Those who are behind this act do not have a good intention to the country and want to widen the social divisions. They are also engaging in tax corruption," Thaksin said in the statement.

The ousted premier demanded the campaign stop because no Thai people would believe it.

"My family and I uphold the national institution, religion and the monarchy, and we are loyal to Their Majesties the King and Queen.

"I would like to ask officials to find the wrongdoers and take action against them," he said.

The pro-Thaksin United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD) said the red-shirt group had no involvement in the 'President Thaksin' campaign, as many of the signs and posters have the UDD label on them.

"If people see those signs they can inform the red-shirt leaders or the police immediately," UDD co-leader Natthawut Saikua said.

The Post has alwats been slow

Archived