World Cup 2010

BadaBing

and a city with a girls name :)

Johannes is not a girls name. It is a male name. It is in fact my 2nd name (I have 3 in Catholic tradition)

See also wikipedia: Johannes is the Latin form of the personal name that usually appears as "John" in English language contexts. It is a variant of the Greek name ΙÉαννη (Ioannes / Greek language never writes a "h"-sound in word-internal position), itself derived from the Hebrew name Yochanan meaning "The Lord is gracious". (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johannes)

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The animosity is fading but is still out there.

HB P.S.: What did the guys at Real smoke' date=' before they let a giant like Robben go. Great Player and even better guy. Love to see him play.[/quote']

And the Chelsea management....he was class for us....though he did suffer a lot of injuries so I suppose thats the reason why....

He used to be injured a lot but the last two years he was almost injury free, except for the one he picked up before the WC start.

Hup Holland Hup!

...from a guy who supports a club with a girl's name. :nahnah: :grinyes:

Hey Chelseafan, I heard your lot are going after Torres. Willing to spend 70 mil gdp allegedly.

Congrats to the Dutch team and members on here.

I think Torres will stay, but if he does go and wants to stay in the premiership its really between us and citeh.

Spain / Holland final. Surprised the geeermans arent there. In a way I would of liked them to have won the WC - that way we could say that we were beaten, yet robbed, by the champions :)

and a city with a girls name :)

Johannes is not a girls name. It is a male name. It is in fact my 2nd name (I have 3 in Catholic tradition)

See also wikipedia: Johannes is the Latin form of the personal name that usually appears as "John" in English language contexts. It is a variant of the Greek name ΙÉαννη (Ioannes / Greek language never writes a "h"-sound in word-internal position)' date=' itself derived from the Hebrew name Yochanan meaning "The Lord is gracious". (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johannes)[/quote']

I know, I was kidding....

Spain / Holland final. Surprised the geeermans arent there. In a way I would of liked them to have won the WC - that way we could say that we were beaten, yet robbed, by the champions :)

Yeah I'm, surprised to. The Germans have played great football while the Spanish have scraped through all the way. As for the last sentence of your post. :rotfl::rotl:

I had hoped for the Germans to.

A Germany - Holland game has passion, history and always gives inspiration to the Dutch team so they give an extra 20%.

Same when Holland plays Brazil and a little bit as well when Holland plays Belgium.

Those are our special games. Now we play against Spain :( Apart from the 80 years war in the 16th and 17th centuries there is no real history there .... so difficult for the team to just give that little bit extra. Which makes this opponent more worry some!

I think the Dutch would have played with a wee bit more passion against the Germans but it would have been the harder game to win.

I think all things considered they have a better chance of beating the Spain team.

Not sure who the bookies will make the favorites but I still think Holland will win and it will be said they won the world cup with a side not close to their best sides historically.

Archived