World Cup 2010

BadaBing

Well Paul the Octopus has only predicted games with Germany in it so far! Other animals say:

Mani the bird in Malaysia: Netherlands

Elephant in Northern Thailand: Spain

Sealion in Isaan: Netherlands

Pieter the Octopus in Belgium: Netherlands

Pigeon of famous Dutch person: Netherlands

etc etc etc .......

What makes Paul scary is because he has been right many times. But then again those were only Germany games and some researches say he always goes for the one with the yellow in the flag etc etc etc ....

Anyway now serious. The Dutchman in me says: Netherlands will win nae non!

Although I am not 100% sure .... I actually give both countries a 50% chance. The difference will be made by how much the players want to go for it!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was cheering for Holland but the best team won. Spain deserved the win. I thought Fabregas made Spain a more effective team when he came on.

I also thought Robben was a bit too selfish with the ball and needed to pass when up to 3 players at times tried to close him down. Surely he knows if he sees three players around someone has to be open?

Well if Spain would have been that much better I would have been ok. The problem is, I saw:

* A referee that bungled many decisions, Iniesta should have seen red.

* A referee that clearly showed favouritism

* A Dutch team that missed a couple of big chances (Robben's)

* A Spanish team that bungled a couple of big chances.

In short, Spain was better, but just slightly. Not by that much. But the referee clearly grossed in blunders certainly in the minutes leading up to the goal, he made 3 in a row which were the direct cause of Spain's goal!

So no, this game will be talked about in 30 years from now. Because with an impartial referee it could have been totally different. Now the Dutch team played against 12 man instead of 11. And the 12th man send of one Dutch player. So the Spanish needed 12 men to beat 10 Dutch players.

It's understandable that you're dissappointed, but to suggest that the Dutch were almost as good as the Spanish and only lost because of the referee is a joke. The Dutch were totally negative in the first half and only wanted to kick their opponents off the pitch. No wonder Webb had no choice but to book so many of your players. Although as a neutral I wouldn't have minded if the match had gone to a penalty shoot out, I'm glad it didn't coz the Dutch might of won, when they didn't deserve to.

Depending on the fort, the slave trade departed for different areas, the Surinam slaves came somewhere south of Cape Coast I was told, each castle is pretty impressive, and had specific trade routes.

Note the cannon aimed at the local soccer field.

No wonder the Ghana team did so well!!

It's understandable that you're dissappointed, but to suggest that the Dutch were almost as good as the Spanish and only lost because of the referee is a joke. The Dutch were totally negative in the first half and only wanted to kick their opponents off the pitch. No wonder Webb had no choice but to book so many of your players. Although as a neutral I wouldn't have minded if the match had gone to a penalty shoot out, I'm glad it didn't coz the Dutch might of won, when they didn't deserve to.

The referee could have given a penalty kick to to the Spaniards. Also one of the Dutch players (was it Robben?) could have received a yellow/red card for kicking the ball into goal after the referee had blown the whistle.

I guess only the Dutch think that the referee decided the game.

I guess only the Dutch think that the referee decided the game.

Not this Dutchman.

Dutch football legend Johan Cruyff has launched a scathing attack on Netherlands' display in the World Cup final, deriding it as "anti-football".

The Dutch received nine yellow cards, and a red card for Johnny Heitinga, as they lost 1-0 to Spain in South Africa.

"Sadly, they played very dirty," Cruyff told Spanish newspaper El Periodico.

"This ugly, vulgar, hard, hermetic, hardly eye-catching, hardly football style... If with this they got satisfaction, fine, but they lost."

"They should have been down to nine immediately, then they made two [such] ugly and hard tackles that even I felt the damage," said the 63-year-old Cruyff.

"It hurts me that Holland chose an ugly path to aim for the title."

Archived