Early Elections?

BaronTT

I'm not talking mystical but I've watched how Thais handle things like bus breakdowns. They are capable of cooperation and innovative solutions. You think this would be a good moment for a teacher re-education program? Or are there other priorities like regaining lost trust?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny you should say that.

After the last post, I wrote, I sat thinking just about that.

One way, adult education program, with rewards, no such thing as pass and fail. Just, to instill pride of accomplishment, and desire, of self betterment. Hoping to trickle down, the thirst for knowledge, in the society. Educated volunteers, that know as we do, and truly loves Thailand. That want to make a difference in the lives of people yet not break the bank.

Sounds quite Utopian. Maybe one day you'll see it. For now Ahbisit has some big decisions to make.

YES, it is, but if you do not take a step forward, you never get anywhere.

Reading, for those who can not, Computer skills, for those who can. One step at a time.

Still think Ahbisit's best step would be trying to convene a poo-yai convention.

If my G2, is correct, each headman, that brought, a group to the rally, got 100K baht, to do it. What do you do, more corruption, 200K ?

Nah, take the 200K, and start a nursery school, in the village instead, do not play the old game, end it.

HELL, make'em the school recruiter at 100 baht a head.

The devil is always in the details though isn't it. Who builds the school? Who staffs it? What if the parents see it as Yellow propaganda?

Not trying to change the subject but it reminds me of the clear, hold, build strategy in Afghanistan. Nothing gets done unless the headmen agree and they can be bribed and intimidated.

I've already taken my step forward, bringing my Thai wife and her 3 kids to the U.S. to finish their education. Their educational option if they stayed in Thailand was to finish through high school at a Chinese-Thai school in Chiang Mai and hope that their grades were good enough to qualify for admission to CMU (or any Bangkok state supported school that offers low tuition). I don't think that I'll live long enough to see the Thai government offer half the education that my wife's kids are getting in the U.S. I have a couple of Thai friends (lower middle class) that have teen age kids and I just hope for the best for them.

Archived