Early Elections?

BaronTT

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would not be responsible, at this time, to have elections.

International monitoring needs to take place when they do.

DO NOT GIVE THE REDS, any idea of a victory in any area. They are scum.

Should shoot as many as they can for terrorism.

Isn't that a little unfair to the millions of Thais who work, build houses, try to raise decent kids etc.? As for the poo-yai....I don't think you'll see a backlash against them. The system is firmly embedded. But you're right about that being the place where Ahbisit needs to focus.

Isn't that a little unfair to the millions of Thais who work, build houses, try to raise decent kids etc.? As for the poo-yai....I don't think you'll see a backlash against them. The system is firmly embedded. But you're right about that being the place where Ahbisit needs to focus.

That is the crux of the issue the reds have (and yes, I believe they have legitimate issues). But until they even attempt to address this, they are simply terrorists in my eyes, not reformers.

All political reform in a democracy is bottom up, not top down. And addressing this is far simpler than protesting in a faraway city and rioting.

If the local guys are legitimately carrying out the government policy, then you go up from there. But in Thailand that is demonstrably not the case. So they MUST start with the local "mafia."

True, Ahbisit represents progress. I don't think most rural Thais want to go backwards either. But if there's a middle ground it is at the poo yai level. Are they all greedy, evil despots who only look after themselves? Or are you letting your own anger affect your judgement?

Archived