Early Elections?

BaronTT

There seems to be a back-lash against the Reds and I assume their partners, the PT party.

In addition, many bank accounts of PT benefactors have been frozen.

Good idea for Abhisit to have elections early, as he proposed as the Road Map?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure about early - but on time would be proper.

And really, now is the time for the government to address the underlying issues of some of the actual protesters.

And I don't mean the Democratic party - but the government.

And yes, I'm aware that they have already started some specific policies - so let's continue and go full speed ahead.

Justice for the leaders is also important, and the hooligans / actual criminal element among them.

Leniency for the passive protesters.

But - the govt have so much to do just to clean up the mess - so pressure from all sides is needed to keep them on the roadmap.

Cheers!

The problem is that the government has and does institute measures to help (moreso that Thaksin ever did), but those get derailed by the local "poo yais." Then the locals blame the Dems instead of blaming the local party heads (in Issan, inevitably PTP) who are stealing the money/services from them. This has been described to me so many times, even by red shirt supporting farangs in Issan who should know better (better than to blame the national g'ment for issues caused by local politicans, that is).

The reds need to clean their neighborhoods first, then consider what's happening and if they need to make changes. But they won't, due to the paternal structure of Thai society. Those local poo yai are "fathers" to them, and can do no wrong. :banghead:

So the central government, at best allows and at worse condones, fraud by the local "poo yais". :hmmm:

You do realize the "poo yais" are elected by the local people, right?

At what point do you stop blaming the government and have people take responsibility for their own decisions and lives?

TH

There seems to be a back-lash against the Reds and I assume their partners, the PT party.

In addition, many bank accounts of PT benefactors have been frozen.

Good idea for Abhisit to have elections early, as he proposed as the Road Map?

Interesting, see how many votes they get when they can't pay for them.

Here's another possible idea: cede Isaan to Laos.

So the central government' date=' at best allows and at worse condones, fraud by the local "poo yais". :hmmm: [/quote']

You do realize the "poo yais" are elected by the local people, right?

At what point do you stop blaming the government and have people take responsibility for their own decisions and lives?

TH

In the USA, UK, Oz, etc, the local elected officials would be investigated by the federal authorities and charged! So the central government of Thailand has abdicated its responsibilities.

Archived