Curfew on in Bkk AGAIN

chill

Any updates on the status of bars being open at Nana and Cowboy?

Second question: I'm sure everybody is just super-ready to get out there and party like hell the first night the curfew is lifted...but do you have any worries or concerns about safety that first night? Not being in Bangkok it seems hard to judge the mood. (but arriving on the 30th...)

"So you curl up in the bar with a BG and wait for sunrise!"

That sounds like a good marketing ploy.

"Happy Happy Witching Hour"

I can see it now, be in by 12, lock down till 4, beer half price, nurses available at usual rates.

Cheers

Coss

Any updates on the status of bars being open at Nana and Cowboy?

Second question: I'm sure everybody is just super-ready to get out there and party like hell the first night the curfew is lifted...but do you have any worries or concerns about safety that first night? Not being in Bangkok it seems hard to judge the mood. (but arriving on the 30th...)

I've been out to both Nana and Cowboy the past two nights (of 11-4 curfew); just about everything is open; most places close at 10 (I assume that will change to 11 tonight now that the curfew starts at 12), a few close at 9.

I have to say the curfew has really not been that much of a pain, it actually helps a bit with the old budget, haha. And I usually like to stay out til 3 or 4. Then again, my hotel is easy walking distance from Cowboy, too.

I've been out to both Nana and Cowboy the past two nights (of 11-4 curfew); just about everything is open; most places close at 10 (I assume that will change to 11 tonight now that the curfew starts at 12), a few close at 9.

I have to say the curfew has really not been that much of a pain, it actually helps a bit with the old budget, haha. And I usually like to stay out til 3 or 4. Then again, my hotel is easy walking distance from Cowboy, too.

Thanks! Send another update if anything changes. LOL, I also thought about how the curfew could help my budget!

Well, I made it back and went out on Sunday night. Talk about dead. I dropped into Shark bar and there must have been about 5 customers, the music was turned down almost "low" and the only excitement was some portly fellow throwing ping pong balls around. Lots of girls though, none seemed too hungry...not many seemed to be worried about rent. And about Shark bar, I like the place and in general think the music is decent there (Thanks Joe!) but when it would take 2 vodka-tonics to fill a single glass, something is seriously screwed up. Shark gets my vote for the smallest standard drinks on Cowboy. Baccara on the other hand has decent sized drinks, even the vodka redbull could almost be called a value, but it wasn't quite as busy as normal. I mean, there were open seats at 10:30-11pm everywhere. Walked through a quiet Tilac bar, saw the number 169 who I think Stick made a comment about this week, but didn't remember the comment and nothing really stuck out. Must go back to read it again. Tried Rawhide and dropped about 4k on shots for the girls but still didn't liven the place up much. Nana and R3 very quiet, didn't make it up to Carrousel but saw one of the skinny blonde show girls and a girlfriend returning from a BF so I guess somebody got lucky. Had a drink at Hillary 2 and one at Morning Night (never seen it so quiet) and made it home somehow. Well, I thought it would sort of be rocking but I was totally wrong. Maybe this week will pick up some...?

Archived