Buy camera, in the west or in BKK?

drogon

I never took a close look at prices difference between Thailand and the west but I wonder if the cameras are more expensive in Thailand?

A few cheap models examples.

CASIO-EX-Z550

KODAK-M575

FUJI-FINEPIX-JZ300

OLYMPUS-FE5030

CANON-105

Thanks

I never took a close look at prices difference between Thailand and the west but I wonder if the cameras are more expensive in Thailand?

A few cheap models examples.

CASIO-EX-Z550

KODAK-M575

FUJI-FINEPIX-JZ300

OLYMPUS-FE5030

CANON-105

Thanks

Don't know where in the West you are, but I can speak for the US: virtually ALL hardware, including cameras, computers and peripherals, is 30-50% higher cost in BKK than it is if you order it online in the US.

Also, in the US you will have a better selection, especially for more recently released items.

Rule of thumb make sure you get international warranty.

In the past a trip to Sillypore when buying Hasselblad and Nikon gear what I save paid for the airfare.

Now the price is very little difference.

I bought a great deal on a Fuji in Fortune a few years back. Good deals to be had, but really, buying locally from a shop you can go back to easily is a good thing.

The camera wouldn't be for me so a local warranty is enough.

You seem to confirm what I supposed, that the prices in Thailand are higher but as I know nothing about cameras or photography I prefer to ask -> also this person would berate me if the price ended up being lower in BKK.

Thanks

Agree with NG about Singapore. I brought a new shock/waterproof Olympus in April (great for Songkran) and to be honest I don't think there was much difference between the Sydney DF prices and the prices I saw in BKK

Archived