Why are so many Brits American haters

Ckrisg

I have not ever witnessed a Brit>USA rant such as Stick describes in the OP. Maybe because 99% of my experience is in pubs in the USA, where it would be hypocritical to do so.

I tend to agree with those who say Brits with a hatred of America have never been to this country, as all the visitors I've known have told me that Americans were friendly and hospitable. Maybe they were just being polite.

What I have seen in America, on numerous occasions, mostly from Scots, is the Orange vs. Green thing rear its ugly head. After a few beers in a pub, some guys just can't help themselves and it doesn't matter what continent they're on. :argue:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont know that being a 'former Imperial power' is necessarily a bad thing - it seems to have worked for the Italians. Those who havent made it big in the US are driving Ferraris around the streets of Milan and humping beautiful models. :smirk:

On a more serious note, some of the media reports coming out of the drug war on the US-Mexico border are truly hair-raising. Exactly how LFA are supposed to police a border that big is a mystery to me, even allowing for satellites and other tech.

Agree with ya post, but the real problem with yanks, or septics, is they "Know It All"

Some of you guys might want to consider cleaning up your own backyards, before you come knocking on your neighbor's door.

Just a polite suggestion. :)

I have had maybe 5 bad encounters in LOS over the years, 1 with a South African, 1 with a German, 1 french and 2 Brits. The crap from the Brits involved them asking "...are you an American?" I replied "yes" They replied "...well why don't you fuck off back to American then...?" No idea why, and could care less. The German and South African crap was more less the same...the french...who cares, he left when I asked him to repeat the insult...

Most of what I hear from Brits is "...you think you won the war single handedly, showed up late, Stick your noses in where they don't belong and are the cause of Political correctness taking over UK...and you never leave your bases after the wars over, you just stay and stay..."

You guys battle it out.

I'm sorry there are so many British arse holes in the world spouting their prejudiced bigoted nonsense. We had a guy at my work here in England who bitched daily about all things American. At first me and the boss would challenge him on it but his bigoted mind was impervious to facts and he would start again with his nonsense the next day. The company was American owned and had American managers on site. The arsehole had the sense to keep his mouth shut when they were around and I changed jobs shortly after so I never did get the satisfaction of seeing him fired.

People like him are a minority among Brits but unfortunately they travel the world. One good thing I would say about America's idiots is they mostly stay at home.

Oh yeah, assholes come from everywhere, I don't think for a second that it pertains to every one form whatever country. Sad is, Thailand does attract them.

I did meet some UK girls in an SFO restaurant/bar...got to talking, and they had real attitudes. I went and had a beer with a guy from there group who was from Liverpool, he explained these were Manchester girls, where feminism was born and thus they confused being assertive with being bitches...I quite agreed. :)

Oh yeah, assholes come from everywhere, I don't think for a second that it pertains to every one form whatever country. Sad is, Thailand does attract them.

I did meet some UK girls in an SFO restaurant/bar...got to talking, and they had real attitudes. I went and had a beer with a guy from there group who was from Liverpool, he explained these were Manchester girls, where feminism was born and thus they confused being assertive with being bitches...I quite agreed. :)

OH never take a Scousers word about anything from Manchester :surprised:

Archived