World War Two bomb explodes in Germany, three dead

Flashermac

BERLIN, June 1 (Reuters) - A World War Two bomb found in Germany exploded on Tuesday, killing three people, as disposal experts were about to defuse it, local authorities said.

Six people were injured, two seriously, when the bomb dropped by Allied aircraft on the university town of Goettingen went off unexpectedly, the town's fire department said.

Authorities had evacuated thousands of residents beforehand so experts could defuse the 500 kg bomb, a fire department spokesman said. Bombs left over from World War Two are regularly defused in Germany and rarely explode unexpectedly.

And the guys who dropped it probably died years ago. :p

Yeah those god damned Americans! How fucking dare them drop bombs on Germany during a war...how dare so many of them die liberating Europe from the Nazis...lousy Yank fuckers, curse them all...them and the fucking Brits, meddling in Hitler's plan to control Europe, they should just mind their own business, so the fag countries like France and Belgium could enjoy life under Nazi rule...lousy Americans fuck them all!

OH? Are you in a bad mood?

:dunno:

I don't know for the French and the Belgians but I am very grateful to the Americans (and the Brits) for what they did.

Well if they didn't do it I would probably be a prison camp's guard for the Japanese...and my Grandma would be a labor slave, Grandpa would probably be dead in the POW camp.

:beer:

OH is always in a bad mood. :beer:

A dozen or so years ago, a dud 500kg bomb was found at Bang Sue train station in Bangkok. Bang Sue is where all the main rail lines pass - north, northeast and south - and was targeted to keep the Nipponese gents from using the railways. So what did the Thais do? Army EOD dudes dug up the bomb, put it on a flatbed, drove it all the way up to Lopburi ... and finally blew it there. How would you like to pass that on the highway? :p

Amazing Thailand

:dunno:

Oups sorry, forgot they all had good karma so Buddha protected them of course...this is us who are dumb enough to imagine a big bang on the highway

(and don't tell me that, by having removed the fuse, if they did indeed remove it, it is 100% safe)

:doah:

In the late 1980s a WWII naval mine washed up on the beach at Hua Hin. Front page photos in all the Thai papers. The RT Navy had to chase people away from the mine, since they were hitting it with rocks and things. :doah:

The Navy EOD folks hauled it out to deep water and blew it. Probably a leftover dropped by the RAF to interfere with Japanese shipping and the chain had finally rusted through.

Archived