EU citizen/Thai citizen marriage??

drogon

I have been looking for info (including at my own embassy and the Thai embassy here) but would some board members have any info regarding a marriage in the EU between a Thai citizen and an EU citizen??

I am just a resident here (not my home country) but I do know it is possible to get married, the problem is, the Thai embassy hasn't been able to help much about the papers needed for her...

I know the requirements vary from one country to another but could some board members who got married in their home countries remember which papers were requested from the Thai lady?

Thanks

Hi,

Married my wife in Holland. Don't recall what paperwork was required, but believe it wasn't much.

Was first told I needed any Thai to translate (my wife doesn't speak Dutch and not much English either), then it had to be an official translator and eventually I was allowed to translate myself (bit odd, but very convenient).

Sanuk!

drogon the local thai embassy should be able to tell you which Thai docs are needed & your own local embassy should tell you which docs you need yourself for marriage in that country.

yes I know there may be communication issues as none of your are natives/language experts of that country, but nevertheless in the end (show up in person/keep calling them) answers shall be forthcoming... ;)

but basically 1 doc by each of your from your home government is needed to prove your're eligible to marry - then a bit of money & you should be good to go :cover:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived