I Need A New Mobile

The_Munchmaster

keys on the qwerty keyboard seemed rather small and I don't consider I have particularly fat fingers

my thoughts exactly when I was looking on weekend.. which is the main reason I went for the X6. That and the price etc.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

its been totally reliable (touch wood), i read reviews it is fragile and freezes up but so far as said its not been a problem :up:

... do you want GPS' date=' 4G, camera, email access, or web access? :dunno: [/quote']

Don't need GPS (I know the way to the pub and the way home), no idea what 4G is...

Curious, does LOS have 4G up anywhere or plans for it in the near future?

Know 3 people who've ditched the iphone and AT&T to pick up a 4G Sprint EVO (android). Cool ass phone, but there's no 4G in LA. So I don't quite get it.

When there is, I'll follow suit (use google voice, and iphone treats it like a stepchild).

Does LoS even have 3G yet or are they still bickering like the bitches they are over who is going to get what piece of the pie?

Not to fear- I still get my blazingly fast 50kB/sec downloads.

Absolute cunts when it comes to tech.

BTW- the EVO looks great, but... no SIM, correct?

BTW- the EVO looks great, but... no SIM, correct?

Yeah, it's Sprint only. No SIM. I'm sure HTC will have something similar out though with INT'L capabilities.

One day last week wireless was down at work and I didn't have a port to plug cable in. My co-worker whips out his EVO and says we can hot-spot. Then a couple other people got on too. Sure enough -- worked like a charm. I was easily able to VPN into our work intranet. It's a badass phone. Screen res = nice.

Still - will wait for 4g to go live first.

Just been to a shop and was quite impressed with the Nokia E72. More of a Blackberry looking phone but nice keypad.

430_310_crop_resize.jpg

IMHO the Blackberries are better than similar Nokia phones. Especially email is working much better - and cheaper when traveling abroad.

I second that. I just recieved a blackberry bold and love the push mail and agenda. It automatically synchronizes with my Outlook. I am also pleased with GPS and navigation. Works a treat. My colleague has the E72 and the keyboard is nowhere near as nice as the blackberry. 3g internet is fast enough to look up some basic things on the net. Overall, I'm very pleased.

• 4 weeks later...

Just bought the iPhone 4 - and I am in love with it.

A perfect machine. Crisp screen, you can really read the NYT on it without damaging your eyes.

And I have loaded it with productivity apps like:

- money management

- Japanese language learning tools

- Thai phrases

- Omnifocus task manager (synced online with my Mac),

- Plaxo address sync (syncs with all office Macs)

- Evernote

- Sugarsync cloud file access

- work time tracker

- currency converter

- local weather

- train schedule (I can even buy tickets and I don't need to print them, I just need to show the iPhone in the train)

- radio alarm clock

- e.g.

Since two decades I had been looking for a tool like this. :up:

Archived