3-day Trip

candyfloss

One of my work colleagues is stopping over in Bangkok for 3 days en-route to Phuket with his girlfriend. They're both Farang and 23ish. He's never been to BKK, and asked me for some ideas on what to do (aside from the usual touristy Grand Palace, Floating Market, Chao Praya River Cruise stuff). I mentioned Sunday Muay Thai Fights, Chatuchak Market, Maboonkhrong, Cheap Charlies, Hard Rock Cafe, and a few other things, but it's been 10 years since I lived there. Anyone got any thoughts on suitable hang-outs for twenty-somethings. Though he would fancy a bit of PPP, it's out of the question as his girlfriend's in tow. So the Pong, Nana, Cowboy etc. are out. I'd be grateful for any suggestions............................

What dates? There may be special events in Bangkok during their stay.

Dinner cruise.

Drinks at State Tower.

RCA.

Massage at Wat Po.

Patpong Nightmarket. (many farang couples visit)

Rent a longtail to explore the canals.

Jim Thompson House.

MBK food court.

Golden Mount.

Bed Supperclub.

Thong Lor. (many nightspots to visit)

One of my work colleagues is stopping over in Bangkok for 3 days en-route to Phuket with his girlfriend. They're both Farang and 23ish. He's never been to BKK, and asked me for some ideas on what to do (aside from the usual touristy Grand Palace, Floating Market, Chao Praya River Cruise stuff). I mentioned Sunday Muay Thai Fights, Chatuchak Market, Maboonkhrong, Cheap Charlies, Hard Rock Cafe, and a few other things, but it's been 10 years since I lived there. Anyone got any thoughts on suitable hang-outs for twenty-somethings. Though he would fancy a bit of PPP, it's out of the question as his girlfriend's in tow. So the Pong, Nana, Cowboy etc. are out. I'd be grateful for any suggestions............................

Always found that when twentyish friends/family with their g/f in tow visit Bangkok they always want to do Patpong/Nana etc

Gals seem to like the gay bars, honest Injun! I've taken Farang gals to Casanova ... and they loved the place. Usually ended up getting their picture taken with the "gals".

One evening's visit to Khao Sarn Road would probably please the gal too. Cheap enough - if he keeps her from buying the overpriced souvenirs. Lots of fairly decent restaurants just west of KSR now, the other side of Wat Chana Songkram.

The Patpong night market is a good one ... since he doesn't have to worry about an old teerak running up and grabbing hold of him. ;)

A daytime cheapy is the Chaophaya River tourist boat. Buy a ticket for all day, travel the river, and get on and off when you please.

p.s. And tell the guy to come alone next time. Jeez ... bringing a cold cheese sandwich to a Thai banquet. :(

Archived