Dollar Will Weaken, 3 Sectors Will Rule: Strategists

cavanami

Cav, a few great ieas there. Some we have talked about before. The problem is it will either NEVER happen or we do it when its already too late.

We may end up like Greece or such similar countries that reign it in after the fact.

These grass roots groups like Tea Party pop up every once in a while when things get bad but they are rarely sustainable. Something happens, the powers that be don't want a 3rd alternative or a group of any power it can't control. Sometimes the groups morph into the same groups that they are fighting against. We've seen it before, Reform party, other groups, there are no 3r parties (Libertarian, etc.) that have a chance. They are demonized as nut cases by the big media (and we know who they work for) so the average american won't consider them and are tol a vote for them is a 'wasted' vote.

We're f**ked. I may be part of the problem as I've become cyncial and non interested. One of the masses who grumble but dont' take an active role. Many of us see the enormity of it all and it seems nigh on impossible to correct.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"...Seventh, just the US gov taking control of the money supply and not the Federal Reserve will save a mountain of money (what did I hear, $20B a month?)...use the savings to rebuild the infrastructure in the USA; roads, bridges, etc..."

We are rebuilding a new bridge here in SFO, we are told we need it because part of it collapsed 21 years ago? Great idea right? get Americans working...trouble is, the steel is coming from China, and you know how much I trust them. Now if we get American industries working again, ok.

I don't care if it costs more, ALL infrastructure projects, no matter the size should be to American companies, with American workers. I'm not some xenophobic nationalist but I think our own tax dollars should be spent on us. Is that so wrong?

Ike's highway program of the '50s as well as the massive projects pre an post Ike like the Hoover Dam, Tenn. Valley Authority, etc. provided many jobs and the monies those families made bought houses, cars, televisions. It reinvests in ourselves.

"demonized as nut cases by the big media" and demonized by some on this board.

The trend COULD be reversed but that is not likely to happen - a Greece meltdown or a currency shock like Argentina some years ago are much more likely.

We teetered on it in '08. One of the main reasons I've completely lost faith in the country to fix itself is that even as close as we came to financial meltdown, the politicians, the 'system', still exists and NOTHING has changed. I don't know if we can walk away from the next one. We haven't walked away from this one frankly. We are in a fragile state.

Trust and faith in the instututions of the country has been one of our strongest assets but now many Americans have lost faith in it. I certainly have. On a recent trip to LOS, a fellow American told me '...America is now a place you make your money and leave to live and spend somewhere else...'

The US gov MUST take control of the money, Not the Federal Reserve!

This is the 1st step, IMO.

Second, eliminate lobbyists (YES!!!)

Third, bring the troops home and no more silly wars like Afghanistan!!

Fourth, deal with the illegals. Deport them from the USA at THEIR home countries expense!!!

Fifth, IRS, tax reform, a REAL one.

Sixth, get control of the industrial/military complex.

Seventh, just the US gov taking control of the money supply and not the Federal Reserve will save a mountain of money (what did I hear, $20B a month?)...use the savings to rebuild the infrastructure in the USA; roads, bridges, etc.

Eighth, prosecute these traitorous politicians, from the top on down, that have been selling out the USA (NAFTA and all the bullshit bailouts)...

These eight items will keep the USA busy for a few years...

Ninth, you forgot the tooth fairy

Fourth, deal with the illegals. Deport them from the USA at THEIR home countries expense!!!

Would love to see how that one would work.

"Dear Mexico:

We have 8-10 million of your citizens here illegally. We are sending them back, and it will cost us $100+ billion to accomplish this transfer. Please make your check payable to the US Treasury."

Yeah, right ...

Fifth, IRS, tax reform, a REAL one.

So if we went to a flat tax of, say, 15% of all income (no deductions) and you end up paying more, are you ok with that? Because the wealthy will make out like a bandit.

Seems like everyone wants tax reform as long as they end up paying less tax ... duh!

Sixth, get control of the industrial/military complex.

I have no idea what "getting control" means. If you mean radically downsizing our military, then I am all for it. While we spend $700 billion plus, China, in second place, spends around $60 billion. We could cut military spending in half, and not impact our security. But of course, no one ... not the tea baggers, not the dems, not the GOP ... no one has the balls to suggest this.

How can putting a bunch of politicians in charge of the money supply save money? :surprised:

The Dept of Treasury would be in charge of the money supply with the proper advisers...some on' date=' think outside the box 1mmm...stretch your brain a bit!!![/quote']

... but you have never explained where the savings are? You should first see why the Fed was setup this way. It was to provide some distance from political whims!

We could cut military spending in half, and not impact our security. But of course, no one ... not the tea baggers, not the dems, not the GOP ... no one has the balls to suggest this.

So true. I have nothing to do with the industry, but I am sure proud to see C-17s taking off over my house from where they're built and I care about the jobs the project provides the community.

This is (or should be) the essence of politicians' motives, innit?

Cutting jobs never sounds good and it is also a NMBY thing.

Archived