'Killer Brit' Suspect Named

shygye

The knives are not for sale, they are the ones the clerks use behind the counter to prepare the food.

In the video it appears Aldhouse went behind the counter to get them, but the clerk, off camera must have picked them up. There is no audio in the clip, but Aldhouse must have said something to clerk (0:10 mark), because the clerk looks to his left and then throws the knives on the floor in front of the counter.

TH

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what's your take on the guy being caught soon or having fled the country? One of my FOX news watching friends saw the story and was asking my opinion the other day, as if I'm an expert on Thailand and thinking the guy must be well known and stand out like a sore thumb on such a 'small' island. :surprised: No one on this thread has admitted to personally knowing either party, which kind of surprises me! I searched some other boards; people who knew the Brit said he was an A-hole, those that knew the American said he was a cool guy. Consensus seems to be if the perp was smart he would have fled to MY immediately, otherwise he'll be found pretty soon, having run low on money and friend supply.

If you go to the Phuketwan link you will see that there are wanted posters, in Thai, being placed all over the island. Apparently the police have been checking people going over the bridge to mainland since within a short time of the murder.

Apparently Aldhouse has his passport, so he might have made it off the island and into Malaysia. Others think he is hiding out, maybe living rough in the jungle with his GF. Remeber the guy who killed the bargirl recently hid out for several days before he was caught.

I do hope they catch him, and this is something the Thai Police are pretty good at when they want to be. If he is hiding out with somebody, they will find out about it eventualy.

TH

I've seen knives in plenty of 7-Elevens. You folks have probably never bought kitchen cutlery in a 7 Eleven. They are usually some knives next to the packet of a fork and spoon. They are butcher knives, but a big enough to cause fatal injuries - say a 5" blade. But one of the behind the counter knives the staff uses in preparing hamburgers and sandwiches seems more likely. The SOB clearly had murder on his mind - premeditated, which earns him a death sentence for sure.

Phuket murder suspect Lee Aldhouse arrested at UK airport

PHUKET: Fugitive murder suspect Lee Aldhouse has been detained by airport authorities while trying to enter the UK, the Gazette has learned.

Lt Col Anukul Nuket, investigating officer in the case, confirmed that Chalong Police received the news from British officials yesterday.

Chalong Police are now compiling evidence to try and have Mr Aldhouse extradited to Thailand to be charged for the stabbing murder of 23-year-old American Dashawn Longfellow in Rawai on August 14.

Mr Aldhouse, 28, was the target of an international manhunt for almost two weeks, after he allegedly followed the American home and stabbed him after the two engaged in a bar fight in Rawai.

Chalong Police will pass all evidence in the case to the Phuket provincial public prosecutor, who is expected to file an extradition request with the British Embassy in Bangkok as soon as possible.

The embassy will then liaise with Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs, he added.

Forensics Police have confirmed that the knife found at the scene was the murder weapon and a report from Vachira Hospital Phuket has confirmed that Mr Longfellow died from the knife wound, Lt Col Anukul said.

More damning evidence is available in the form of CCTV footage of a man closely resembling Mr Aldhouse entering a nearby 7-Eleven convenience store just before the time of the murder and ordering terrified staff to give him knives.

All evidence required for the initial extradition application is expected to be compiled today, Lt Col Anukul said.

Chalong Police hope to have the suspect back in Phuket within a week to be formally indicted, he added.

Link

Phuket Kickbox 'Killer' Caught at British Airport: Hunt on Phuket for Accomplices, 5 Million Baht Added to Bank Account

WANTED Phuket murder suspect Lee Aldhouse, accused of the cowardly killing of former US Marine DaShawn Longfellow, has been arrested at a British airport, police said today.

Officers on Phuket were this afternoon attempting to begin extradition proceedings to have the 28-year-old professional kickboxer returned to Thailand to stand trial. He could be back on Phuket within five days, Phuketwan has been told.

Phuket police maintained that he was probably still on the island but Aldhouse escaped and flew to Britain from Singapore, via Cambodia.

He left Thailand via Khlong Yai immigration in Trat province on August 17 for Cambodia. The crossing, on the Gulf of Thailand at the southern extremity of Thailand's border with Cambodia, does not have access to the Immigration computer data base.

It is believed Aldhouse then proceeded to Singapore, probably via the Cambodian capital, Phnom Penh, and boarded the flight bound for London.

Officers on the island admitted today that lack of new technology at some Thai border crossings could allow other international fugitives to escape.

One officer familiar with the investigation said today that a careful watch had been kept on a bank account belonging to Aldhouse. The account was topped up with five million baht before Aldhouse fled Thailand, but no withdrawals had been made.

Phuket police had also said they were keeping a careful watch over Aldhouse's Thai girlfriend and his girlfriend's mother. They now say they will trace his movements in Thailand and punish any accomplices who helped him escape.

The murder took place before dawn on Phuket on August 14 after Aldhouse lost a fist fight with 23-year-old Longfellow at the Freedom Bar in southern Phuket.

Aldhouse allegedly went to a local 7-Eleven store where he picked up two fruit knives, then stabbed Longfellow to death as the American returned to his nearby apartment.

Phuket Police Lieutentant Jarat Bangprasert, who is based at the southern Phuket station of Chalong, confirmed Aldhouse's arrest this afternoon.

The British Embassy in Bangkok was unable to add information because it is closed every Friday afternoon.

Link

Extradition in five days, no chance.

Britain wont extradite to a country where there is the Death Penalty. I can see a long extradition process ahead,

I understand that if there is a guarantee the death penalty won't be imposed he can be extradited. But, I think you are correct it may take a while.

TH

Archived