Teachers canes students...

Old Hippie

Thai girls are protected all of their childhood.

Frash, forgive me if I've posted this before, because I probably have. My daughter has a Flip mom and had a Flip nanny as a child, since we both had to work.

My ex told me, only recently, about a trip to the pediatrician with the baby and my mom. The doc, inquiring about the baby's motor skills, asked, "Is she able to eat by herself?" Mom says, "Oh yes, she eats well." Doc says, "Great, so she's able to use a spoon (motions bowl to mouth)." Oh, no, says the wife, "She's spoon-fed."

She said the doctor gave her a ration of shit about child development and she got more from my mom on the ride home. This was the way my ex was brought up, and it seemed perfectly natural to her. Me, I wasn't paying attention, to be honest, but I think that type of early upbringing didn't serve my daughter well in the LBC ( :bangit:).

I could go on about it, but I'm already off-topic.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, I went through a thread about my junior high school looking for posts about abuse, but apparently everything 'negative' had been deleted!

Although I did discover that chicks got swatted too.

Oh well, all I could pick from to show you SoCal wasn't ahead of the curve was this girl's experience after moving from MN to this so called posh community (bear in mind it was a big school feeding into at least 3 HSs) in the early 70s:

[color:blue]No wonder I thought moving to Brentwood was like moving to bizarro world after the 'burbs of Minneapolis...shower checks, jock checks...the worst we ever endured was having to change out of snow pants in the hallway because no pants were allowed until the seventh grade. We had real fun PE when I was in 7th grade in MN: an Olympic size indoor pool with springboards, highdive platform and springboard, outdoor hockey, no shower checks....and the California here I come...right to Perveville USA![/color]

Archived